ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Several questions about the Tier1 General Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

csaba2
Newly Registered

Several questions about the Tier1 General Visa

Post by csaba2 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:28 pm

I have the necessary points to apply for the Tier1 General visa as a highly skilled migrant. Now my problem is that I'm not sure which supporting documents should I provide. I would appreciate if someone would help me out.

1) I have a university degree which is found in NARIC's database, however it is not in English. Should I provide the original diploma, its translation in English, as well as the list of subjects that I've studied?

2) Should I provide a proof from the police station that I have no criminal charges against me? Should it be translated to English?

3) Should I translate to English the 12 payslips which prove my earnings? I was told that I can simply provide them in the local language.

4) My name on the degree is different from the name on my diploma, in that it is written in Cyrillic letters on the diploma, and latinic letters on my passport. Technically the difference is just 1 character. Should I provide a letter from my university proving that I am the degree holder?

5) Should I provide my passports from the previous 10 years?

6) For all the documents above, should I provide a photocopy of the original documents? Must I give them the original documents? Will those be returned to me after the application process?

I also have another question regarding the dependant visa for my wife. Currently I have something over £3500 on my bank account (in current exchange rate), which has been there for the past 6 months. However, this is not enough for my wife (I would need 2700+1600=£4300). Can I go to the UK by myself, and then a month later my wife applies for a dependant visa and use the £3500 I have on my bank account as proof for her application?

Thank you in advance for any help!

csaba2
Newly Registered

Post by csaba2 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:54 pm

Can somebody help me out, please?

ireallywish09

Post by ireallywish09 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:23 pm

Hi,

1). Yes, please get it translated in english, and get the subjects mentioned as well as an add - on.

2)No need to provide any proof from police at all

3). Yes, please get the payslips translated to english. This holds good for any documentry evidence which is not in english

4). Yes, provide a letter from the university regarding the difference in name. Dont leave any chance.

5). Try seeing the guidelines. They might need the old passports as well.

6). Original docs will always be returned. And one set of photocopies will need to be submitted as well.

7). Regarding maintenance funds, anytime you apply for ure wife, you will need to show 4400 pounds. I feel it will not work as you have mentioned. Otherwise this will be a loophole. i still feel you can get in touch with someone who filed for a dependent visa later on .