ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone sucessfully applied for PSW-Dependant from India?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

endurance
Newly Registered

Post by endurance » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:09 pm

For those who have successfully applied PSW-Dependant Visa from India or out-side UK and enclosed Job details (payslips, contracts, employer address etc) as supporting docs......

I am aware that the main psw holder does not need to be in a job in order to apply for his/her dependant visa abroad provided the required funds are demonstrated via bank stmts. But for those who have enclosed Job details, could you kindly advice if you have had BDHC contact your Employer (in UK) to verify your employment?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:34 pm

endurance wrote:But for those who have enclosed Job details, could you kindly advice if you have had BDHC contact your Employer (in UK) to verify your employment?
I think you will have to expect that there is a possibility that they will. If you have to explain anything to your employer, tell them it is just like a bank checking a mortgage application or a landlord checking you are bona fide. In short nothing for them to be concerned about.

If they have written a letter, they must be aware that they may be contacted anyway.

endurance
Newly Registered

Post by endurance » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:24 pm

Thanks for you reply PaperPusher.

I would like to hear from anybody who have actually successfully applied PSW-Dependant Visa from India or out-side UK really.... have British High Commision contacted your Employer (in UK) to verify your employment?

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:35 pm

I haven't heard of anyone putting a job letter as evidence 'cos it is not required. Too much info in immigration matters is not a very nice thing. But if you enclose one, then be ready for them to contact your employer. Good Luck
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

endurance
Newly Registered

Post by endurance » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:11 pm

Thanks Diokpa... I would ideally prefer to not enclose my job details for supporting my dependants visa application from back home (india), as just a bank statement with the required amounts should suffice. (i think)

But my problem is that my savings bank statements have regular deposits from my current account. I am worried that BDHC would want to know the source of that regular deposit in my savings account. If they do get inquisitive, they may ask me to enclose my current account bank statement too. In which case, they will find out that I have regular deposits of salary from my work space (with the name of my company clearly listed).

In the VAF10 Dependant application form, in section 7, it clearly asks if the main visa holder has a job or not. You reckon, i should just put in "not/applicable" in there?