ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is My Case Legacy??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lazarus

Is My Case Legacy??

Post by Lazarus » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:20 pm

I asked my MP to chase up Home Office for me regarding my status.

An extract from the letter states [quote] We will only take a cse out of turn in very limited circumstances. These are where the case has been seriously mishandled (i.e. the decision has been served incorrectly or is factually inaccuarate); where there is new information which has not previously been considered (and which will materially affect the decision) or where there are compelling compassionate circumstances. In (my name) case none of the above factors apply and no reasons have been put forward that would justify proceeding with his case ahead of others.

Yours Sincerely

Case Resolution Directorate[/quote]

Is this telling me my case is a legacy case???

Not too sure

Thandia

Re: Is My Case Legacy??

Post by Thandia » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:17 pm

Lazarus wrote:I asked my MP to chase up Home Office for me regarding my status.

An extract from the letter states [quote] We will only take a cse out of turn in very limited circumstances. These are where the case has been seriously mishandled (i.e. the decision has been served incorrectly or is factually inaccuarate); where there is new information which has not previously been considered (and which will materially affect the decision) or where there are compelling compassionate circumstances. In (my name) case none of the above factors apply and no reasons have been put forward that would justify proceeding with his case ahead of others.

Yours Sincerely

Case Resolution Directorate
Is this telling me my case is a legacy case???

Not too sure[/size][/color][/quote]

Yes

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:42 pm

Does that mean when they get to my case, I will be sent a questionnaire?

Thandia

Post by Thandia » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:47 am

Lazarus wrote:Does that mean when they get to my case, I will be sent a questionnaire?
Not neccessarily. They may just request further info & sometimes nothing at all. Depends on how much up to date info they have on you.

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Mate, Simple letter does not mean you have achieved alot. You need to pressurise them to make your case PRIORITY.

Best of luck

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:51 pm

So Can I ask?

In what form would u suggest I should pressurise them.
My MP states if i dont hear from them by July, I should get in touch with him.

How do i go about pressurising them?

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:18 pm

1st of all find out which legacy team is dealing with your case. Then ring them direct.

Write direct to them

If you are single, then do everything on your own risk coz case worker HAS to decide either yes or no...

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:59 pm

Not being chickened out, but I heard of cases where people pressured them and were told to sign on.

Also I am from one of the countries on the HO's "white list".

sjohnson2
Newly Registered

Post by sjohnson2 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:31 pm

Lazarus wrote:Not being chickened out, but I heard of cases where people pressured them and were told to sign on.

Also I am from one of the countries on the HO's "white list".
Just the fact that you are unsure if pursuing is the right thing to do for fear of being told to sign on ...
I've always been of the mind that if I want something, I chase it until I attain it, or figure out why it's unattainable.
As long as you pursue along the right course than what harm can come?