ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this a record ? -Tier1 processed within 72 hours

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

QEF8DD

Is this a record ? -Tier1 processed within 72 hours

Post by QEF8DD » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:23 pm

H-U-R-R-A-Y !!!!!

I applied this Monday at Delhi VFS and on thursday the status on website was 'passport ready for collection'. Thought the website had gone crazy and rang up the bangalore number. They told me it is indeed ready for collection. Gosh, I thought somethings gotta be wrong..I didnt get a single sms alert as well (which I had opted for while applying)..

Went to VFS today and hey presto the tier1 was stamped and all set for me to be picked up!! The official processing time is 4 days, but mine was ready in 72 hours.. Just wicked !!!

My sincere thanks to all those guys who helped me with the application.. I used the tier1 covering letter template available in the sticky section but did some modifications to it.. As a token of appreciation for the forum, I shall post how I went about preparing the various documents and my covering letter in the next few days..

cheers...

moonfog

Post by moonfog » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:55 am

hey tat great. congrats.U deffinetly are a very lucky man. i wish some of us could have ur luck........

neways all the very best for your journey ahead.

Cheers

QEF8DD

Post by QEF8DD » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:17 am

moonfog wrote:hey tat great. congrats.U deffinetly are a very lucky man. i wish some of us could have ur luck........

neways all the very best for your journey ahead.

Cheers
Nothing like that.. I was prepared.. did my homework and submitted all the relevant documentation neatly.. Anyone who works hard & does his stuff properly will be lucky.. Rest is upto HIM..

Wishing the best of luck to you and all the other applicants as well..

cooolz

Where do we get back the original documents back ??

Post by cooolz » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:05 am

Congrats !!

Just one question to all , I also intend to apply from VFS delhi.

Do we get back documents ( passport + orginal certificates) via post ( Indian post or courier) or we have to collect it back from VFS delhi ?

I dont have permanent address in delhi , so if i give a my temporary address and they send the documents there i might not get it.

Thanks

zayedshah

Post by zayedshah » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:43 pm

This rocks bro!! Just 3 days! This gives a confidence when I am thinking I should get the visa within 3/4 weeks..:-) Looking fwd to ur post where u put up ur experience. It would benefit all of us who ll be applying shortly.

jack_p

Post by jack_p » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:56 pm

I thought mine was a record - 16 days ;-)

harneet691

Post by harneet691 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:44 am

Thats UNBELIEVEABLE

All d very best.

i ve applied on 9th jan... still waiting .... hope for a + decision soon.

I wish evry1, on the same boat........ best of luck

QEF8DD

Post by QEF8DD » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:49 pm

and here's my post (added to sticky)->
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 784#222784

My only question now is - Does the Visa validity always start from the date they process it or do they put a future date as well ?

I mentioned 'Date of visit' in the form as April but the visa starts from 21 Jan itself. I noticed in some cases they put a later date as well.

jack_p

Post by jack_p » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:51 pm

QEF8DD wrote:and here's my post (added to sticky)->
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 784#222784

My only question now is - Does the Visa validity always start from the date they process it or do they put a future date as well ?

I mentioned 'Date of visit' in the form as April but the visa starts from 21 Jan itself. I noticed in some cases they put a later date as well.
The date of travel should be used gracefully and its advisable to never use a very earlier date, becuase if such trend continues, then sooner a new format for the application form will float whre the field itself will not be present !! You shouldn't have put the date as 21-Jan !!!!!!

QEF8DD

Post by QEF8DD » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:10 pm

jack_p wrote:
The date of travel should be used gracefully and its advisable to never use a very earlier date, becuase if such trend continues, then sooner a new format for the application form will float whre the field itself will not be present !! You shouldn't have put the date as 21-Jan !!!!!!
I put the date as April 15th and not January !! May be it was too far in the future for them and they initiated it with immediate effect !

cooolz

Post by cooolz » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:46 am

1. So what is an appropriate date of travel to uk ?
i think date of application + one month

2. QEF8DD you have attached so many unnecessary documents like
a) Copy Tax returns
b) Letter from your employer.
c) Secondary and Senior secondary school certificates and marksheets.
What does school certificates prove ?

Does additional documents really help speeding the process or sometimes will confuse the case worker ?

My question to all , whether to send precise documents prescribed in the guidance notes or to send additional documents also ?

Thanks to all

QEF8DD

Post by QEF8DD » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:09 am

cooolz wrote:1. So what is an appropriate date of travel to uk ?
i think date of application + one month

2. QEF8DD you have attached so many unnecessary documents like
a) Copy Tax returns
b) Letter from your employer.
c) Secondary and Senior secondary school certificates and marksheets.
What does school certificates prove ?

Does additional documents really help speeding the process or sometimes will confuse the case worker ?

My question to all , whether to send precise documents prescribed in the guidance notes or to send additional documents also ?

Thanks to all
None of the documents were unnecessary.. they were just additional proofs and that is why I included them in the 'Additional documents' and information section.. so that even if they had a minor doubt in their mind regarding anything they could check these additional proofs..They can ignore the section altogether so as to avoid spending time if they want to.. My friend told me that he was asked by VFS to include the school exam certificates when he applied a year back so I included all such additonal documents anyway.. The VFS won't tell you to include so and so.. they will say 'it is up to you'. so no harm in including additional information...

But do not make the mistake of including affidavits, school certificates, WP extensions and such letters in the core attributes section of 'Previous earning' etc. The officer might think you are submitting irrelevant information because u do not have the docs which are asked for in the guidance. if you've got something to show - just show it, but under the relevant heads/section. Don't give them a chance to reject the application on ANY ground!!