ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Traffic Offense = Criminal Conviction?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fulcrum05
Newly Registered

Is Traffic Offense = Criminal Conviction?

Post by fulcrum05 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:30 pm

I am due to submit a HSMP extension application (under JR) and wish to clarify a point under Criminal Convictions.

It was a minor traffic offense and I was endorsed some points and a fine on my provisional license. But the points were endorsed for a period of 3 years only and has now expired. So, if that' s the case what should I be doing when planning to submit the application form?

1. Is this a criminal conviction and should I accept it?
2. If accepted - will this delay or hamper the approval process?

Any advice or suggestions?
Thanks!

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:35 pm

This may be of some relevance to your query:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 0c44bdec63

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:21 pm

What sort of traffic offence was it? You terming it as a minor offence might not mean it was necessarily a minor offence.

fulcrum05
Newly Registered

Post by fulcrum05 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:57 pm

a friend of mine who didn' t have an insurance was driving my car and I was fined and given 6 points on my provisional license!

so, what might be advisable here?
dnicky wrote:What sort of traffic offence was it? You terming it as a minor offence might not mean it was necessarily a minor offence.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:04 pm

fulcrum05 wrote:a friend of mine who didn' t have an insurance was driving my car and I was fined and given 6 points on my provisional license!

dnicky wrote:What sort of traffic offence was it? You terming it as a minor offence might not mean it was necessarily a minor offence.
what happened to your friend. What did he get?
I presume that was luck that you weren't driving.
Second, what do you mean he wasnt insured?
was your car insured???

What does the guidance say about declaring offences??

fulcrum05
Newly Registered

Post by fulcrum05 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:09 am

republique wrote:
fulcrum05 wrote:a friend of mine who didn' t have an insurance was driving my car and I was fined and given 6 points on my provisional license!

what happened to your friend. What did he get?
I presume that was luck that you weren't driving.
Second, what do you mean he wasnt insured?
was your car insured???

What does the guidance say about declaring offences??
The insurance is specific to the driver and not the motor vehicle. I had an insurance in this case. My friend was fined the same amount of points as me since he was not insured to drive my car. The genral rule of thumb is - if you have a 3rd party cover for your car - then you are not automatically covered to drive any other car. Whereas - If you have a full comprehensive insurance then you are entitled for 3rd part insurance if you are driving other cars.

Can someone please advise?

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:48 am

It depends on the agreement with your insurance company. For example, I am fully comp but I can by no means jum into anyones car and drive it.