ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Suspicious amount in bank account

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tahire
Newly Registered

Suspicious amount in bank account

Post by tahire » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:39 pm

hi im applying for a visa for my wife in pak im british. i wanted to ask if i have around 30,000 in my account with wages going in too will this seem suspicious. is that too much to have in one acount? im young and have only been woking for 3 months but before i ran my own business and some of my own savings. i thought the more u have in your account the better but now im having doubts. im 24 years old. please advise
. thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:52 pm

I don't think that is a problem. And with interest rates so low there is little incentive for anyone to move money out of a current account to a different account.
John

republique
BANNED

Re: Suspicious amount in bank account

Post by republique » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:33 pm

tahire wrote:hi im applying for a visa for my wife in pak im british. i wanted to ask if i have around 30,000 in my account with wages going in too will this seem suspicious. is that too much to have in one acount? im young and have only been woking for 3 months but before i ran my own business and some of my own savings. i thought the more u have in your account the better but now im having doubts. im 24 years old. please advise
. thanks
I wouldn't have more than 20K after Iceland bank fell but otherwise feel free.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: Suspicious amount in bank account

Post by mrlookforward » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:27 am

tahire wrote:hi im applying for a visa for my wife in pak im british. i wanted to ask if i have around 30,000 in my account with wages going in too will this seem suspicious. is that too much to have in one acount? im young and have only been woking for 3 months but before i ran my own business and some of my own savings. i thought the more u have in your account the better but now im having doubts. im 24 years old. please advise
. thanks
Is it all legitimate money? If yes, how would it look suspicious? Imagine if lots of money always looked suspicious then richard branson will never be able to obtain a visa for any country, lol

bototo

Post by bototo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:50 pm

UKBA's terms allow it to share data with HMRC. They don't normally share that data but as long as you realise that they can do you should be fine.