ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Approved: Want to get EC /visa start date postponed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

talk2ravi

Post by talk2ravi » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:28 pm

Hello ALL.

After a long wait of close to 9 months I got the good news today that my HSMP application has been approved. I applied in Sep 2004 and recently requested for urgent treatment.

I understand that, now I have to go ahead with the EC in order to get the visa.

My first question is

A) Is the following list of docs enough to fulfill the application requirement

1) VAF1 Form
2 photographs (should not be tempered by marks/staple, preferably White Background)
3) Educational Documents
4) HSMP Approval Letter
5) Experience Letter(s)
6) Last 6 Salary Slips
7) Last 6 months bank statement(s)
Proof of accommodation

B) I understand that I have to get the EC and fly to the UK before 3 months of the date of issue.

Is there a possibility that I can request the UK consulate to postpone my start date of entry to the UK to October as I am under a service agreement with the current organization and cannot leave the organization before october.

Request your response.

Ravi

Boom05

Post by Boom05 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:44 pm

EC can be postdated and i think you can get up to 6 months commencing from the approval date on your letter. You need to let the ECO know the date you desire and the reason. If you are lucky that the ECO find your reason compelling, it will be granted, thats because i don't think they are under any obligation to grant you such request .
Its easy to follow the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone !

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:40 pm

hmmm I think they can only postpone it for 3 months... not 6... You better check that out. But you can also wait up to 3 months with the HO approval letter before applying for EC... that would get you the 6 months you need...

ha
Newly Registered

Post by ha » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:01 pm

Congrats. I feel you are one of those successful ones who got his reward of showing so much patience (though unncessarly waited compared to the later applicants). I'm an august applicant & haven't heard from HSMP team till now abt my case. Can someone suggest me abt my next move......??
Thanx in advance.
ha

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:06 pm

Ha,

Have you tried asking for urgent treatment?

ha
Newly Registered

Post by ha » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:38 am

I did. I have sent an UT form (without joboffer), for which they sent me an e-mail confirming the receipt of the UT form, but didn't write me when will it be considered. Does anyone have any idea abt the time that usually taken in such cases....do they have any priority orders also....
Thanks

talk2ravi

Post by talk2ravi » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:01 am

Hello All,

I had a quick word with a nice lady from the CHENNAI (INDIA) UK CONSULATE today and according to her a postdated visa can be issued for a max of 6 months from the date of HSMP approval.

In short this means that one can apply for EC towards the end of first 3 months and request for postdated visa starting from the 3rd month of the date of visa application.

The lady also told me that its very very important that I mention in the letter clearly regarding the post dated visa by highlighting the text with a marker/higlighter so that it doesn't miss the visa officer's eye.

Also, a solid reason should support the request for postdated visa.

Hope this information is helpful to all.

Regards,
Ravi

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:37 am

Dear Ravi,

thats a good news that you mcan request for 6 monhts potponement for visa. But, in your case, as u said, your HSMP is just approved, so you ahve 3 months to apply, say your approval letter is dated 10 June, you can apply for EC latest by 10th September and then you have three more months to elave the country, so u can elave by December 10th in that case.

SO, my advice to apply only after 10 August (at elast 2 monmths after your HSMP approval date) to avoid any possibility of not getting 6 months extensionm for VISA.