ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

got job after Masters, fall from 800£ for few days plz help

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DextersLab
Newly Registered

got job after Masters, fall from 800£ for few days plz help

Post by DextersLab » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:57 am

Hi everyone,

I got job straight after my degree but the problem is there are 40£ less in 800£ for few days in my bank statement.
I sent my documents to HO because my student visa was about to expire on 31st Jan. But I didnt attached the Job offer letter.
Can i send it to HO now? and will that help me to assure them that I wont ask state benfits and I can afford my self?
Please help. I m too worried.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Re: got job after Masters, fall from 800£ for few days plz

Post by Diokpa » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:50 pm

DextersLab wrote:Hi everyone,

I got job straight after my degree but the problem is there are 40£ less in 800£ for few days in my bank statement.
I sent my documents to HO because my student visa was about to expire on 31st Jan. But I didnt attached the Job offer letter.
Can i send it to HO now? and will that help me to assure them that I wont ask state benfits and I can afford my self?
Those few days are going to be the problem but then you MIGHT have a chance when you get an appeal, here you will get a chance to present your offer letter and maybe the judge will be lenient enough to admit that as evidence seeing as you will not be a burden and can cater for yourself.Sorry your job offer will not give you any points under PSW scheme and they do not accept documents after sending in your application. Don't loose hope though, at least you have a right of appeal if the caseworker doesn't exercise discretion and grant you the visa. Good Luck.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

DextersLab
Newly Registered

Thank u

Post by DextersLab » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:44 pm

Thank u Diokpa,

Is there any danger associated with the appeal like, if appeal didnt help, will I be allowed again to come back to UK? I m asking because my degree convocation is in July 2009, I dont wanna miss that.

Looking forward for your kind reply.

Thank u

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Re: Thank u

Post by Diokpa » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:00 pm

DextersLab wrote:Thank u Diokpa,

Is there any danger associated with the appeal like, if appeal didnt help, will I be allowed again to come back to UK? I m asking because my degree convocation is in July 2009, I dont wanna miss that.

Looking forward for your kind reply.

Thank u
There isn't any danger associated with appealing a decision since it was only an issue of your balance going below the norm for a few days. But don't just pack and go back home, make sure your lodge an appeal when IF you get a refusal. Good Luck.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

DextersLab
Newly Registered

Thank u soo much

Post by DextersLab » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:23 pm

Thank u so much Diokpa,

I appreciate your help, you ve shown me light i was thinking i am doomed.

Thank u.

alexis2000

Post by alexis2000 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:34 am

Diokpa wrote:
DextersLab wrote:Hi everyone,

Those few days are going to be the problem but then you MIGHT have a chance when you get an appeal, here you will get a chance to present your offer letter and maybe the judge will be lenient enough to admit that as evidence seeing as you will not be a burden and can cater for yourself.Sorry your job offer will not give you any points under PSW scheme and they do not accept documents after sending in your application. Don't loose hope though, at least you have a right of appeal if the caseworker doesn't exercise discretion and grant you the visa. Good Luck.
Hi dexterlabs,
Could I ask you how did you case go in the end?
I'm going through a very similar situation like the one you had. I was down the £800 for a few days hence the application got turned down by HO. I have a full time job offer which I will use it as a ground of self maintenance for court appeal clarifying that will not attempt to claim help from the government. Please let me know how did your case go?

tuhadda_fuffar

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:12 am

You have signed the application to be true, accurate and COMPLETE. HO won’t accept the job offer letter now. There are only 1% chances they will ignore it as they are very specific with £800 rule. I have seen many applications being unsuccessful due to maintenance funds. But who knows you might be lucky enough. I see appeal as a good chance!! Good Luck