ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anybody who has got visa/work thru 360Deg consultancy in Uk?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ohio_Fireblade
Newly Registered

Anybody who has got visa/work thru 360Deg consultancy in Uk?

Post by Ohio_Fireblade » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi All,
I am starting this thread to know the facts of this consultancy/umbrella company in UK which gets you visa and work if you pay them 2500 GBP.
Has anybody really got thru them and benefitted? Are they genuine (people in Uk can answer this) service providers?

Happy Immigration!!

Regards.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:55 pm

The company named is not on the UKBA register of sponsors so they can not bring in overseas nationals (OSN) to work in the UK.

As for umbrella companies, this is an illegal method of entry for OSN workers in the UK. It is not approved by the immigration or taxation authorities.

Hope that answers your query and saves you a few bucks :D

Ohio_Fireblade
Newly Registered

Post by Ohio_Fireblade » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:22 am

Thank you. Are you living in UK currently?
Can you please elaborate on the illegal part?
How is it illegal and what are the chances of getting into hot water for me?
And how to find whether a company is listed in the UKBA database of approved sponsors?

Thanks for your help.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:47 am

I live in the UK.
Work for the immigration authorities - UKBA.
One of my roles is to ensure companies such as you mention can not operate in the UK!!
They promise much but can deliver nothing other than refer you to prospective employers who hold a licence.
Umbrella companies are no longer able to sponsor work permits this has been outlawed since 27 November 2008.

For Sponsor register

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ofsponsors

Unless the company holds a PBS licence they can not employ an OSN.
There is one exception to the rule Tier1 general visa holders.
This assume you are solely coming to the UK for employment.

For tier 1 which may be a better way see here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... 1/general/

Also note if a company is not listed with OISC they are not authorised to give immigration advice in the UK see link

http://www.oisc.gov.uk/

Hope that helps.

Ohio_Fireblade
Newly Registered

Post by Ohio_Fireblade » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:14 am

Thanks Frontier!
That was a load full of information. was very useful.

In what ways can thay provide illegal work visas? The reason I am asking is, they have given me a contract to sign and the interview with the company is also over.
Please suggest how to proceed with this and get a grip on the situation before I lose my money.
Will they provide some kind of work visa to enter UK or do you think they can cheat without providing anything at all?

Will apprecite your timely help.

Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:30 pm

They can't supply any visa - that is the problem. The only authority to issue a visa is UKBA. So as you can see there is no way round getting the working visa unless they are a licence holder. They can't and don't hold a licence so whatever they offer they can not deliver in their own right.
Sorry to sound basic but have you read the requirements for entry to the UK for work purposes? You do know you have to apply for entry to the UK to get a visa and you must do that through the UK Embassy? That part can not be by passed, so NO ONE can state they will get a visa for someone.

So what are they actually offering?

Touting your CV around and hoping that someone is interested in the UK?

Introduction to a licensed organisation, who will sponsor you?

Help getting your tier 1?

I would not give any money for any of the above, you can do all of that for free, except for the cost of the visa of course.

Ohio_Fireblade
Newly Registered

Post by Ohio_Fireblade » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:06 pm

Thanks Frontier.

I will tell you what had happened so far.

I contacted this company for work and they said that they can provide one for the said fee.
I said I wanted to have an telephonic interview with the company and then send me the contract and then I will look into payment.
They arranged for a suitable position as per my experience and I spoke with the company. But there was no technical questions but only what I had done in the past. It seems and they also said that they were pleased with my resume and it suits the position very well.

Now after the payment, I will be sent an work permit letter and other documents which I need to carry to the embassy here and get the visa stamped here. (Tier 2 visa).

Now tell me if a company can provide a work permit, can I get my visa stamped with those documents?

They also gauranteed that the money will be returned if the visa is rejected, but nothing in writing.

I have got enough help and information from you ad thanks for that.
Please analyze my situation and what has hapened and let me know what I should do now.

Thanks a ton!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:17 pm

I think you might not have picked up on the point that you can not be employed in the UK unless the company has a PBS licence. If the company does not show up on the register of sponsors you can not be employed.

That is the first question - is the company you are going to work for on the register?

If not, that ends the matter.

If they are on the register then they will issue a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) - it is a unique reference number that informs the ECO about who your sponsor is. At that point your personal circumstances are then measured against the requirements for entry. If you meet the requirements you will be granted a visa.

Do you know what the requirements are? If not what hope do you have of meeting said requirements.

Under the old system what you are being offered went on but under the new system this type of thing has been put to an end.

I think you will find in the small print that if you are refused a visa due to your personal circumstances you will not get your money back. They will claim it is your fault despite the fact that they can not actually offer you a role as they do not hold a licence.

The whole thing sounds like a scam to me.

Ohio_Fireblade
Newly Registered

Post by Ohio_Fireblade » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:52 pm

Thanks pal.

I got a lot of information. I will do all the background check before venturing into anything like this.

Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:25 pm

Good luck

Ohio_Fireblade
Newly Registered

Post by Ohio_Fireblade » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:58 am

I called the company directly, for which I was supposed to be sent in contract, and came to know that the person who took telephonic interview had resigned in last year.
It was a fake all the way.

You are the man!
Thanks for the help buddy. you saved me huge a buck!!

Can you make this post sticky for others to be aware??

Thanks