ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist visa - Next options

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raider
Newly Registered

Tourist visa - Next options

Post by Raider » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi, I have known my girlfriend since June 2008 and my girlfriend is currently in the UK until March on a tourist visa. What is the best course of action for us after this.

How long after March can my girlfriend apply for another tourist visa?

Any other options?

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:44 pm

Will she have spent the full 6 months here when her visa expires?

As a general rule people who come to the UK as visitors are not expected to spend more than 6 months in 12 here, so if she's had a lengthy visit and applies again before the end of September, the Immigration Officer or Visa Officer might take the view that she's living here rather than in her own country.

Does she have an actual visa, or just an entry stamp?- i.e.does she have to get a visa before she can travel to the UK?

Raider
Newly Registered

Post by Raider » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:47 pm

Mr Rusty wrote:Will she have spent the full 6 months here when her visa expires?

As a general rule people who come to the UK as visitors are not expected to spend more than 6 months in 12 here, so if she's had a lengthy visit and applies again before the end of September, the Immigration Officer or Visa Officer might take the view that she's living here rather than in her own country.

Does she have an actual visa, or just an entry stamp?- i.e.does she have to get a visa before she can travel to the UK?
Thank you. Yes shes from the Philippines and would have spent 5 months here in March. we are trying to build our relationship together. It's a actual visa in her passport - no work / no publuc funds.

tanya_cz
Newly Registered

Post by tanya_cz » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:36 pm

hello,

i got visitor visas to come to uk and stay with partner as follows:
3 weeks
3 months
6 months
1 year

i now qualify for UMP visa for 2 years...
after another 2 years i get ILR visa

If you get married you can cut this a bit etc

hope this helps
T

Raider
Newly Registered

Post by Raider » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:55 am

tanya_cz wrote:hello,

3 weeks
3 months
6 months
1 year

hope this helps
T
Hi Tanya, thank you can you give me some more information on this please. I thought tourist visa were only for a maximum stay of 6 months? What is a UMP visa please?

PM me if you wish.

Thank you.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:39 am

3 weeks
3 months
6 months
1 year

hope this helps
T

You were very lucky - if you'd been bounced you'd have found it hard to get entry again.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

joe777

Post by joe777 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:34 pm

3 weeks
3 months
6 months
1 year

hope this helps
T
i maybe wrong, but i thought UMP visa was that you and your partner had to live outside the uk continuously for 2yrs in a relationship akin to marriage ?? and i thought you had to supply evidence for the last 2 years, you've been to the uk for 2 yrs on a VV ? i would have thought they would reject your app for overstaying ?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:58 pm

joe777 wrote:

3 weeks
3 months
6 months
1 year

hope this helps
T
i maybe wrong, but i thought UMP visa was that you and your partner had to live outside the uk continuously for 2yrs in a relationship akin to marriage ?? and i thought you had to supply evidence for the last 2 years, you've been to the uk for 2 yrs on a VV ? i would have thought they would reject your app for overstaying ?
That's what I thought re the VV, but it's true, unfair isn't?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

midget
Newly Registered

Post by midget » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:54 am

I don't think there is the requirement for you to live outside the UK continuously for 2 years to get the UMP visa. If you are claiming indefinite leave to enter for a 4 year relationship the 4 years has to be outside the UK.

tanya_cz
Newly Registered

Post by tanya_cz » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Wanderer wrote:
joe777 wrote:
tanya_cz wrote:
T
That's what I thought re the VV, but it's true, unfair isn't?
It says 2 years in UK or 4 years outside UK for UPVisa

Getting the VV for 2 years is very tricky to satisfy the condition,
as then are you a visitor or reside here?

all i can say from experience is ive been to 2 british embassys, they
are tough but fair, if you give them excuse not to give you a vias, then
they will oblige. you have to have all right papers and awnser lots of questions,
so its a bit between the german ss and the spanish inquisition,
i can speak from 16visits to apply them, get them, refused and told
applying wrong visa etc etc

If anyone needs any advise of papers needed for british embassys, i can
give them some tips...
T

joe777

Post by joe777 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:29 pm

tanya, do you have a UMP visa?, and if you did how long did you spend in the uk on your VV in the last 3years ?

i have a friend who is going thru an anulment but it could take a very long time, they have been to the uk a couple of times on a VV in the last couple of years, and i#'m wondering if she can get a UMP :wink: