ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

combination of payslip and p60

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rizwan567
Diamond Member

combination of payslip and p60

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:47 am

HO needs two piece of independant evidence in support of earnings under Tier1.

Is combination of payslips (employer document) and p60 (HMRC document) sufficient to claim points for earnings??

If this combination is not acceptable and considered to be originated from the same source then could you please point out where in the Tier 1 policy guidance it is written that combination of above two is not acceptable.

Did anyone of you apply with above combination and got approved?
Did anyone of you apply with above combination and got refused? If yes then what was the objection.

Awaiting your opinions on above.

Markie

Re: combination of payslip and p60

Post by Markie » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:21 pm

the proof should be coming from 2 different sources... the payslips and P60 combination will be ok. better yet add your bank statements to support further your salary.

good luck.
rizwan567 wrote:HO needs two piece of independant evidence in support of earnings under Tier1.

Is combination of payslips (employer document) and p60 (HMRC document) sufficient to claim points for earnings??

If this combination is not acceptable and considered to be originated from the same source then could you please point out where in the Tier 1 policy guidance it is written that combination of above two is not acceptable.

Did anyone of you apply with above combination and got refused? If yes then what was the objection.

confusedsoul
Newly Registered

Post by confusedsoul » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi,

I was just wondering whether you have applied for Tier1 General to extend your HSMP yet.

You had a confusion with providing pay slips and P60 as proof of previous earnings. Did you manage to get some concrete answers on this? and have you already applied or are you planning to apply with the above mentioned combination of documents?

Please advise as I am also in a similar situation and your prompt reply would be highly appreciate.

Thanks & Regards,

BD

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:44 pm

I am sure that if anyone apply with only the combination of documents with one source, would be get rejected.
P60 and payslips are source of employer. Even if you add letter of employer, still these 3 are from one source. YOU MUST HAVE ANOTHER SOURCE to get your case approved.

rizwan567 wrote:HO needs two piece of independant evidence in support of earnings under Tier1.

Thinking low is crime....

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:14 pm

T_mahmood wrote:I am sure that if anyone apply with only the combination of documents with one source, would be get rejected.
P60 and payslips are source of employer. Even if you add letter of employer, still these 3 are from one source. YOU MUST HAVE ANOTHER SOURCE to get your case approved.

what would be other source then..... ?? if you say bank statement..... then if someone paid by cash... then how would he can show the bank
statement or any other sources...... instead of payslips, p60....

jhp

Post by jhp » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:09 am

P60 and payslips are seperate evidences. I had the same question when I applied last year and thre were a lot of people who got it approved with P60 and payslips. The theory was although P60 was from the employer it was prepared for the tax man. Having said this I am a little out of touch these days with the process. When I was applying the 2 proofs had to cover the last 12 months exactly so P60 was a valid proff only if your showing income from April to March period.dont know if its still the case.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:39 am

Please check this link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... documents/

P60 is the document that your employer prepares and gives you as pove of your tax that you have paid at the end of the year. It is NOT PREPARED BY HRMC. So paylips and P60 are one source. But if you get a letter from HRMC with tax details, then this might be a 2nd source. The ideal combination may be Payslips with employer letter + Bank statmenets with salary directly credit into it.
Hope this makes sense....
Last edited by T_mahmood on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thinking low is crime....

confusedsoul
Newly Registered

Post by confusedsoul » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:20 am

Hi jhp,

Thanks for your valuable input. You said you had the same question when you applied last year..When exactly did you apply? and did you apply for HSMP1 or Tier1 General?

You also mentioned that you know a lot of people who applied with payslips and P60 and got their cases approved. Could you please elaborate whether all these people applied for HSMP1 or Tier1 General?

I appreciate your co-operation in advance.

Many Thanks

Ipshit

jhp

Post by jhp » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:04 am

confusedsoul wrote:Hi jhp,

Thanks for your valuable input. You said you had the same question when you applied last year..When exactly did you apply? and did you apply for HSMP1 or Tier1 General?

You also mentioned that you know a lot of people who applied with payslips and P60 and got their cases approved. Could you please elaborate whether all these people applied for HSMP1 or Tier1 General?

I appreciate your co-operation in advance.

Many Thanks

Ipshit
I applied in June 2008 and got my tier 1 in July 2008. All the people who got it approved had got their tier 1 , however please note that they were showing earnings covering the period April to March. I am very aware that the P60 "is generated by the employer and not by HMRC". However as far as the HO is corcerned since P60 was created for tax purposes it was acceptable as a seperate proof.

confusedsoul
Newly Registered

Post by confusedsoul » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:01 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I am planning to apply in May and my claims period would be April 2008 - March 2009. So would I be ok to provide P60 and payslips for proof of Earnings?

nksg

Post by nksg » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:28 pm

Yes, it should be fine as long as your P60 covers claim period April 2008 - March 2009.
confusedsoul wrote:Thanks for the clarification. I am planning to apply in May and my claims period would be April 2008 - March 2009. So would I be ok to provide P60 and payslips for proof of Earnings?

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:39 pm

jhp wrote:P60 and payslips are seperate evidences. I had the same question when I applied last year and thre were a lot of people who got it approved with P60 and payslips. The theory was although P60 was from the employer it was prepared for the tax man. Having said this I am a little out of touch these days with the process. When I was applying the 2 proofs had to cover the last 12 months exactly so P60 was a valid proff only if your showing income from April to March period.dont know if its still the case.
I got my answers.

You need bank statement in support of yoru earnings. P60 and payslip is from the same source. I have seen the case refused on this basis.

It was before the launch of tier 1 that P60 used to be accepted but not any more.

touchsensor

Any update?

Post by touchsensor » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:27 pm

Hi there,

Any update whether P60 is separate to the employer's letter?

Touchsensor

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:55 am

P60 AND PAYSLIPS are 2 different sources.T u can see guidelines and tier 1 form before commenting on this.
P60 done by company but that is considered to be a hmrc document,Its written in tier1 form along with p60(hmrc paper).

drjabberwocky23

Re: Any update?

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:44 pm

touchsensor wrote:Hi there,

Any update whether P60 is separate to the employer's letter?

Touchsensor
No. If the P60 is deemed to be issued by the employer, then you cannot use a an employer's letter as your second piece of evidence.

HSMPnonJRtoT1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HSMPnonJRtoT1 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:54 am

Hi,

I get paid from at the end of each month so my imcome period is from "1st April 2008 - 31st March 2009"

What I understand is that P60 cover from 6th April 2008 - 5th April 2009. Can I use P60 as second source? As I can see there are 6 days difference.

Any help is appreciated.

confusedsoul
Newly Registered

Post by confusedsoul » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:02 am

Hi All,

Please read the following lines from Page No 24 of New Tier1 (General) guidance :

The applicant must provide at least two different types of supporting document for each source of earnings claimed. Each piece of supporting evidence must be from a separate source and support all the other evidence so that together they clearly prove the earnings claimed. For example: When providing documents for salaried employment, an applicant should not send payslips together with a P60, because we consider both of these documents to be from the same source.

It is clearly stated that payslips and P60 are considered to be from the same source and same should hold true for P60 and employer letter. Therefore, please do not provide P60 with payslips or employer letter as your case will be rejected straight away.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:43 am

two pices of evidence are required:

Payslips OR accountant letter OR emplyer letter OR p60 OR dividend vouchers OR annual accounts OR draft accounts etc

AND

Bank statements OR A letter from HMRC confirming your earnings for the last tax year..

After you receive your P60 from your employer/accountant then call your tax office to request for your statement of account. If they had already received the copy of your P60 from your employer/accountant. HMRC can send you a letter/document confirming your details as per your P60. (This letter can be used as a tax return document)

Infect P60 is internally issued by the employer. A copy is given to employee and the other copy goes to HMRC. Therefore P60 is considered to be issued by the employer not by the HMRC.

If HMRC has received the copy of you P60 from your employer/accountat then they will not hesitate at all in issuing you a new letter which will back up details on your P60.... Hope this clarifies this P60 and tax return saga....

My friends there is no easy way of getting Tier 1. Only genuine people can get Tier 1 now.

IN SHORT TIER 1 CAN NOT BE ACHEIVED IN THE ABSENCE OF BANK STATEMENT AND TAX RETURN DOCUMENT ISSUED DIRECTLY BY HMRC. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THESE TWO DOCUMENTS THEN NO TIER 1.