ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Amount of funds for self sufficiency for EEA2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

clogman01
Newly Registered

Amount of funds for self sufficiency for EEA2

Post by clogman01 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Does anyone know how much funds one has to have in bank account to be able to demonstrate economic self-sufficiency for getting 5-year EEA2 RC for non-EEC spouse? Thanks in advance for any tips.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:49 pm

hi
i believe is about £8000 you have to double check...my lawyer who told me this about 6 years ago ...so i dont know if it has changed or no ...good luck

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:34 pm

joelondon wrote:hi
i believe is about £8000 you have to double check...my lawyer who told me this about 6 years ago ...so i dont know if it has changed or no ...good luck
Totally untrue!!!

Article 8 (4) of the EU Directive 2004/38/EC states:

"4. Member States may not lay down a fixed amount which they regard as "sufficient resources", but they must take into account the personal situation of the person concerned.
In all cases this amount shall not be higher than the threshold below which nationals of the host Member State become eligible for social assistance, or, where this criterion is not applicable, higher than the minimum social security pension paid by the host Member State".
(Bolding is mine)

For your own good, please read the EU Directive to know and understand what your rights and responsibilities are under EU law.