ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW extension, Please help!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

deltauk

PSW extension, Please help!

Post by deltauk » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:27 pm

Please can some one point me towards right direction, i really need help! I have been living in the UK since 2003.

I am currently on International Graduate Scheme visa for one year, as i got this visa before the rules changed in July 2008.

My present visa runs out on 5th March 09. I need to apply for an extension in Feb 09, however i have just realised that under the new rules I need to have minimum of £800 balance in my bank account for last 3 months. However I have been heavily overdrawn since last three months.

I really dont know what to do now, as I am scared they might not extend my visa based on my funds! I am also not sure if the same criteria applies for extension?

I have now started to maintain £2800 in my savings account and thinking to apply for an extension from back home. I will leave UK on 4th March and apply from my home country.

Can I apply extension of my IGS (now Tier1 PSW) from home country?

Please let me know if anybody has any information as this is stressing me out!

EliteDuck
BANNED

Post by EliteDuck » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:35 pm

No... transitional arrangmeent to WPS can only be done in the UK ><><

rurururruurrurururururu

It seems like you have no more chance><

rurururururururururururuu

well, there are currently 5 options for you if you wanna stay

1. change to student visa
2. Judicial Review challenging the HO for the maintenance rules
3. Hide in this country for 14 years
4. Marry a Brit
5. Ask a Brit to adopt you

I would suggest you option 1 and option 2

But option 2 will use up all your £2800 plus extra

rurururururururururu

EliteDuck
BANNED

Post by EliteDuck » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:40 pm

rurururururuururruurru

rururururururururururrururururururuuru

ruuuuuuuuuuurururururuurururururrururururururuururururu

or you change to teir 2

rururururururuururruururruu :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

elitepig
BANNED

Re: PSW extension, Please help!

Post by elitepig » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:04 pm

deltauk wrote:Please can some one point me towards right direction, i really need help! I have been living in the UK since 2003.

I am currently on International Graduate Scheme visa for one year, as i got this visa before the rules changed in July 2008.

My present visa runs out on 5th March 09. I need to apply for an extension in Feb 09, however i have just realised that under the new rules I need to have minimum of £800 balance in my bank account for last 3 months. However I have been heavily overdrawn since last three months.

I really dont know what to do now, as I am scared they might not extend my visa based on my funds! I am also not sure if the same criteria applies for extension?

I have now started to maintain £2800 in my savings account and thinking to apply for an extension from back home. I will leave UK on 4th March and apply from my home country.

Well there is nothing you can do

popopopopopopopopopo

deltauk

Re: PSW extension, Please help!

Post by deltauk » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:08 pm

elitepig wrote:
deltauk wrote:Please can some one point me towards right direction, i really need help! I have been living in the UK since 2003.

Well there is nothing you can do

popopopopopopopopopo

Thanks but no thanks Elite.

Could a senior member help please?

jarquin
Newly Registered

Post by jarquin » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:18 am

am sorry but elite is right on this one.
you cannot apply under transitinal arrangement from outside the uk.

elitepig
BANNED

Post by elitepig » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:24 am

jarquin wrote:am sorry but elite is right on this one.
you cannot apply under transitinal arrangement from outside the uk.

Elite members of this forum like my friends Duck, and Dog they do not lie...........So please do not say we lie and if you do not any info from us.......dont bother replying to our comments and valuable info we provide

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:49 pm

Do you have £800 or the foreign equivalent in a saving account that covers the last few months?
If so you will be fine. You can submit any account in your own or joint name to show the requirement, UK or overseas.
You do not have to use your current account as evidence.

deltauk

Post by deltauk » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:55 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Do you have £800 or the foreign equivalent in a saving account that covers the last few months?
If so you will be fine. You can submit any account in your own or joint name to show the requirement, UK or overseas.
You do not have to use your current account as evidence.
Thank you so much for your advice 'Frontier Mole'.i rang the British High Commission today in my home country. They told me that upon my return to my home country, i would need to apply under a fresh application under PSW with most importantly maintenance funds and all the documents from your University as in your degree etc. and if your application is successful you will get PSW only for the remaining period - which is only for one year!

Do you think they gave me right advice? I am just so confused as half of the people say something other something else....

Many Thanks in advance.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:44 pm

Hello deltauk

The Immigration Rules say:
245X. Requirements for entry clearance
To qualify for entry clearance as a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) Migrant, an applicant must meet the requirements listed below. If the applicant meets these requirements, entry clearance will be granted. If the applicant does not meet these requirements, the application will be refused.

Requirements:

(a) The applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.

(b) The applicant must not previously have been granted entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) Migrant as a Participant in the International Graduates Scheme (or its predecessor, the Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme), or as a Participant in the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme.
(c) The applicant must have a minimum of 75 points under paragraphs 51 to 58 of Appendix A.

(d) The applicant must have a minimum of 10 points under paragraphs 1 to 3 of Appendix B.

(e) The applicant must have a minimum of 10 points under paragraphs 1 to 2 of Appendix C.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

I do not think that you can use the transitional arrangements if you are not in the UK.