ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajaymitra76

ILR

Post by ajaymitra76 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:10 am

Hi,

I need to clarify something regarding ILR.

My first WP was approved on 31st Mar 2004(stamping date) and was upto 10th June 2004

My employer applied for extension and the WP was approved on a letter dated 8th June 2004 and the letter stated that I should get the passport stamped within 6 months. I received the WP letter after 10th June, so I could not get the passport stamped anyways before 10th June.

My extension was stamped on 12th August 2004 upto 31st May 2005.

I had new work permits after this with other employers and the stamping was always done before the current leave to remain expired. Currently I am on HSMP which was stamped in Sept 17th 2007.

Will they consider this gap of a little more than 2 months if I apply for ILR on 31st March 2009 ?

Any suggestions/ help will be appreciated greatly.

Regards

Ajay.

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:29 pm

Hi ajay:

Keep your paperwork. It seems like you were granted a 12-month permit? If so, then that would explain why the stamp only included 9 months of validity.

My current visa has a gap from the prior one as well, but when I called HO, they said that it's showing a "date of issue", not a date of validity, and not to worry. I'm also keeping the paperwork, just in case.

Good luck.

ajaymitra76

Please Help

Post by ajaymitra76 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:51 am

I would be grateful if someone can let me know what are the documents required for ILR application.

I have been on WP for 3.5 years and now on HSMP.

I qualify for ILR in March this year.

Regards

Ajay.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:32 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:38 am

ajaymitra76 wrote:Hi,

I need to clarify something regarding ILR.

My first WP was approved on 31st Mar 2004(stamping date) and was upto 10th June 2004

My employer applied for extension and the WP was approved on a letter dated 8th June 2004 and the letter stated that I should get the passport stamped within 6 months. I received the WP letter after 10th June, so I could not get the passport stamped anyways before 10th June.

My extension was stamped on 12th August 2004 upto 31st May 2005.

Currently the rule is that the passport needs to be submitted for FLR(IED) before current leave to remain expires. However in my case the passport was submitted after the current leave to remain expired and I got it stamped. I am not sure that the rule of applying before the current leave to remain expired was in effect then.

I had new 2 more work permits after this with other employers and the stamping was always done before the current leave to remain expired. Currently I am on HSMP which was stamped in Sept 17th 2007.

Will they consider this gap of a little more than 2 months if I apply for ILR on 31st March 2009 ?

Any suggestions/ help will be appreciated greatly.

Regards

Ajay.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

SW
- thin ice -

ILR

Post by SW » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi

I have been an old memeber of UK Tier1 forum. Which forum I should join to get more details on ILR?

I am on Tier 1 now and in the past had Work permit and also work permit under Science and Engineering graduate scheme - not sure if thats counted?

Thanks