ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship by birth abroad

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LittleBlue
Newly Registered

Citizenship by birth abroad

Post by LittleBlue » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:14 am

I am trying to gain Irish citizenship through my grandparents, who were both born in Northern Ireland in the 1880's. My mother and I were both born in US. I have obtained my grandmother's birth certificate from Belfast and all the other paperwork. I just need my lawyer to sign the photos, etc. I understand it can take as long as 6 months to get the certificate and wonder if anyone else has done this and how long it took in fact. I will be sending it to Boston.
Also I am hoping to go on to get the passport in hopes it will make visits to the UK easier.
Any advice on this procedure welcome.
Thanks.

Dowew
Newly Registered

Post by Dowew » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:56 am

It sounds like you have done all the necessary work (ie obtained birth certificatesm photos etc). To find out about the potential backlog the easiest thing to do is to telephone the consulate and ask them.

Tel: +1-617-267-9330
Fax: +1-617-267-6375

good luck