ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing college

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rockyloveday
Newly Registered

Changing college

Post by rockyloveday » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:22 pm

Hi,
my friend got 1 year student visa this month from pakistan for ACCA from LCA , when he arrived here i found that acca refuse his registration due to qualification (FSC from Pakistan) now LCA advice him to do CAT first which is 1 and half year from now on
and another college offer him IAM Diploma level four qualification in 1 year. he dn't understand if he is able to change college and course or not,

On heatrow immigration officer wrote " To Study @ LONDON COLLEGE OF ACCOUNTANCY" with black pen just above the visa stamp.

looking for some advice ASAP

thanks

dildarya
Newly Registered

Post by dildarya » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:56 pm

Hello
After implimentation of Tier 4(31 March 09) , if anyone changes the sponser(institute) then you need to apply HO again.
On the current FLR(s) guide its just stated that, it would be appreciated if you notify us when you change your institute or course.

But in your friends case, i would suggest him to give a ring to HO and ask them,if there is appropriate procedure to notify them about the change of institution

Best wishes

googlle
Newly Registered

ACCA,,LCA, FSc pakistan

Post by googlle » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:53 pm

LoL thts what exactly happen to me..same college... :lol:
they asked me to join the mser (mature student entry route) where u have to pass F1 and F2 first...but i emailed them and asked them to checkk my Fsc certificates again..n guess what...after exchanging 2 3 emails i convinced them... now i am registered as normal student though all i got is FSc...