ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notarized Documents - Help

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Iryna76
Newly Registered

Notarized Documents - Help

Post by Iryna76 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:58 pm

I live in the UK and Canadian Immigration guidance says to submit Notarized copies of documents to the London Commission.
Does anyone out there know if this means you have to get a Public Notary to sign the documents or can other designated persons do this also, for example a Bank Manager, Doctor, etc

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks
Iryna

jjustyy
Ireland

Post by jjustyy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:06 pm

Not sure if professionals can sign, but you can find your local notary here:

http://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk/find_a_notary.asp

Iryna76
Newly Registered

Thankd for reply

Post by Iryna76 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:57 pm

Thanks but do you realise how much these Notaries charge, one has said £20 per document which means around £200 in total. Others have said £200 per hour of time which I think is absolutely disgusting for signing documents. Then again this is Rip Off Britain which is one reason we want to get out !

jjustyy
Ireland

Post by jjustyy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:48 pm

I know Iryna, I'm British, but plan on immigrating to Ontario in 1 years time, for the same reasons :)

Does anyone know if Iryna can get a professional to sign her copies?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:26 pm

Person signing must be authorised by national statute to notarise documentation. You can't just pick any professional. Go through yellow pages and get different quotes for the task. You may be lucky and get someone who will give you a single fee (recommended) as against per document. It may be worth considering the fee against other costs such as the ROLF, Landing Funds etc - it may make it more bearable.

Iryna76
Newly Registered

Shop Around

Post by Iryna76 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:24 am

Okay after emailing about 10 Notaries their charges did vary quite a bit.
I have found one that will do my 16 documents for £60 :) , others vary upto £160 or some won't give a fixed price and charge £180+ per hour :evil: .
So the advice is to shop around, if anyone wants to find one you can search by County at www.the notariessociety.org.uk

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:30 am

In response to your pm query such that this may benefit others in a similar situation. To the best of my knowledge solicitors (England & Wales) are among those with authority to notarise. It then follows that all said solicitors are notaries but not all notaries are solicitors.

Iryna76
Newly Registered

Post by Iryna76 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:23 pm

I don't dispute what you are saying about solicitors being notaries but not vice versa, however when I asked my local solicitor to notarize, she said she could certify but not notarize them. Just to be on the safe side I am going to the Notary on Monday as I don't want to do something wrong and then have to do it all again if the Canada Commission decides it is not acceptable.

What would have been nice was to have a reply to this question from the Canadian Commission themselves but they have not replied after more than 1 week to my faxed question. I remember a query taking more than 3 weeks for them to reply even though I sent faxes and eventually a question by post with an SAE enclosed. I don't particularly blame them because they have numerous countries to deal with from London (far too many in my opinion) and I think they are being bombarded with applications which are incomplete, or are from people who are wasting their time because they don't have anywhere near the pass score which is clogging up the system for everyone.

leafbbi
Newly Registered

Post by leafbbi » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:09 pm

hi anybody know the process of notarization? will the notay offer a seperate notarized document with an authorization stamp or just sign on the original documents?

i am not going to apply at london office, but i do have some documents have to be notarized in the uk. thanx.....

Garfielduk62
Newly Registered

Notarized Docs

Post by Garfielduk62 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:13 am

As I have been through the process of getting many notarized docs for the Canadian process I can advise you of the process.

A notarized copy is just that, it is a photocopy that is taken to the Notary along with the Original so he can compare the two and see that the copy is genuine. If he is satisfied that the copy is genuine then he will then stamp it with his official red seal, sign it and date it. Incidentally only Official Public Notaries have the Official Seal, they are usually solicitors that have extra qualifications to do such work. It is essential you shop around as I had greatly varying costs given to me, I'd say get a quote from maybe 5 of them and choose the cheapest as it is a simple piece of work and easy money for them. You will not get away with any less than £50 even if it is only 15 minutes work, and expect to pay maybe £100 for upto 45 minutes. Look for Notaries on the Notary website in your particular country of residence, you can usually search by area to find those nearest to you. Hope that helps.

rely

Re: Notarized Documents - Help

Post by rely » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:34 am

Iryna76 wrote:I live in the UK and Canadian Immigration guidance says to submit Notarized copies of documents to the London Commission.
Does anyone out there know if this means you have to get a Public Notary to sign the documents or can other designated persons do this also, for example a Bank Manager, Doctor, etc

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks
Iryna
Dont waste money by notarizing all the documents.Get your degree certificate and latest appointment letter notarized.Rest you can submit by attesting by any one of these you have mentioned.
rely