ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

reasons for an urgent request ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

helix
Newly Registered

reasons for an urgent request ?

Post by helix » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:45 pm

what should be a reson for an urgent request ?

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:58 pm

Urgent requests are that you have got a job in the UK and they need you URGENTLY

... basically the company would collapse or the UK economy would collapse if you didnt turn up/got granted HSMP immediately :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:05 pm

It is not clear what you mean, but you seem to be in a great rush... so much so that your signature is about impatiently waiting for a reply and it "screams" in CAP letters.

It is much better to be patient and approach this constructively.

1) Your Signature:
Do you mean that you've received no reply from the HSMP team whatsoever? If so, you may review previous posts about how other forum members dealt with their applications being misplaced or otherwise delayed. If you mean that your application was acknowledged (seems likely 'cuase you know the date), but you haven't received a decision yet - that's not unusual due to the long queue of HSMP applicants, who, just like you are awaiting a decision. There are even a couple of ongoing topics that discuss what reference number is being processed or has received a decision - you may find the info there helpful, or even join that discussion yourself. There is also a "sticky" with information on the subject.

2) Your current question:
If you mean what are the ways to speed up the processing time, there aren't that many. Basically you'd be trying to get ahead of your turn in the queue, and I'm not sure any pleas via e-mail or by phone will help you do that.
There is one legitimate exception to the "first come, first served" rule: finding a job. If you land a job that starts soon, HSMP team will consider your application urgently. Given the current difficulty of job-hunting even for those resident in the UK, it's very unlikely a job can be landed from overseas, but it's a great exercise anyway - doesn't hurt to try, and builds experience for the day you arrive in the UK.

Be patient, and good luck!

tgs

Post by tgs » Sat May 01, 2004 3:31 pm

I did applied for urgent treatement. That was after my application was in for 2 months plus I had to provide a reason why I require urgent treatement, that was a letter from my UK employer that they will find it difficult to continue with their business without me.