ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS Requirement at the time of application?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hrsaeed
Newly Registered

IELTS Requirement at the time of application?

Post by hrsaeed » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:41 am

Can somebody clarify if IELTS test scores are needed at the time of application for Federal Skilled Worker class? In Schedule 3, they ask for IELTS test report for language level assesment and this schedule is to be sent with the initial application to CIU, Sydney.

Clarification required.

Moza
Newly Registered

Re: IELTS Requirement at the time of application?

Post by Moza » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:54 pm

hrsaeed wrote:Can somebody clarify if IELTS test scores are needed at the time of application for Federal Skilled Worker class? In Schedule 3, they ask for IELTS test report for language level assesment and this schedule is to be sent with the initial application to CIU, Sydney.

Clarification required.
depends how many marks u need for language. I raised the same question but no one replied.

hrsaeed
Newly Registered

Post by hrsaeed » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:44 am

Yea, but i need to know should the IELTS test report is to be attached with the initial application or not. In the instructions on the website it is written that we are not supposed to submit any supporting documents at this initial stage and only when the approval by CIU is granted the documents should be sent to the visa office in the home country where a new review will be conducted.

Clarification still needed.

dtjesus

Post by dtjesus » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:46 pm

I submitted a simplified application back in 06 and took an IELTS for calculating the points (cant remember whether i had to attach a copy as well or not). Now after 2 years they are asking me to submit IELTS 'again' which ofcourse CIC considers expired after 1 year of taking.
I am quite sure you dont need to attach an IELTS report at this stage as is required later on but do reconfrim it from the guidance notes as well.