ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Approved, what to do for EC?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

HSMP Approved, what to do for EC?

Post by dhavaluk » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:35 am

Hi Moderators,

I have got my HSMP Approved on 7th June, and now would go for EC in a month or so. I am currently in India. I have some querries that i am raising here, would love to have answers for them.

1. I know that after getting EC one must leave the country within 90 days. Now, does this rule apply to the dependents as well? eg. i am married and have one kid, so if I apply for my wife and daughter alongwith mine, would they also need to leave India within 90 days or they can join me after that 90 days period as well?

2. I have savings in name of my Mother, and my mother is dependent on me, as i am the only earning member of the family (i have lost my father in last september). So in this case, can that savings be considered for the funds available to apply for EC?

3. If those savings can be considered, its invested in Postal department's long term scheme, would it crerate any problem as we can not withdraw that amount before certain time (can't withdraw before one year, but that has already passed) ?

4. Cost of my house and other assets can be shown against my financial situation to sustain my stay in UK?

Kindly advise me on the above topics.
Last edited by dhavaluk on Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:05 am

Using your numbering :-
  1. Your dependents can come later than you, if you wish. What they cannot do is precede you, that is, your own EC needs to be "activated" by your arrival in the UK before the EC's of your dependents. But no problem you all arriving at the same time, if that is your wish.
  2. "I have savings in name of my Mother"? Whose savings are they? Yours or your mother's? You can only count them if they are yours, in which case why not move them to an account in your name?
  3. What you need to show is sufficient funds to clarify in the mind of the ECO that you and your family will not need to claim certain Public Funds. So funds that are tied up and totally unavailable to you might not help your case. I have no knowledge about the long-term scheme you mention. Is it the case that funds can actually be withdrawn but only if a penalty is paid?
  4. Sorry, don't understand the question. Do you mean that you have rental income from property? Or dividends or interest from investments?
John

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:19 am

I'd like to clarify one thing, although i havent yet recieved any decision from the HO. Is it possible to legally leave in 6 months from the moment one recieves the approval?

For example, if I get the approval letter on the 1st of July, I will need to apply for EC within 3 months. When I get EC, will I have another 3 months to move OR will I only have 3 months to get EC and move?

dokwal
BANNED

Post by dokwal » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:21 am

u will be 90/100 % in trouble , try to clear yr ec with fund minimum 2500+

come here search a job work for 3 moths and have exclusive house for yr family and apply ec for them , otherwise 10/100 chance of success in ec

even they may refuse yr ec along with yr family , be smart

ec with child without job and house have almost nil chance

regards

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:28 am

THanx Dokwal,

and Kotiara,
yes, u can leave in 6 months. You have 3 months to apply for EC and 3 months to leave your country after you get EC.

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:39 am

dhavaluk wrote:THanx Dokwal,

and Kotiara,
yes, u can leave in 6 months. You have 3 months to apply for EC and 3 months to leave your country after you get EC.
\

Thanks, dhavaluk. Are there any official documents that support your opinion?

sekhar_software

Post by sekhar_software » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:08 am

Hi all,

I got my application approved recently. Now, I would like to apply for EC.

My main concern is; I dont have sufficient funds in my bank right now but, I can deposit whatever amount (10,000 pounds) in my account and show them my bank statement (evidence to financial support). But, the problem is, since its a recent transation (deposit), will they accept it?

I have previous experience of UK (Worked as a software engineer for British Telecom for 2 years). And I am still working for BT from an Indian company (in india)

I am working for an Indian software company and I dont have a UK job offer in hand.

Can anyone analyse my case and let me know the answers?

Thanks in advance,
Raj

taloola
Newly Registered

Investment as funds for HSMP

Post by taloola » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:21 am

Hello All,

Congratulations to all who are getting HSMP approved. And all the best those who are going to apply.

My First query.

When do I have to show HO the funds? I mean only while applying for HSMP(once applied can i use some funds from that account), or after applying to HSMP untill i get the approval or while applying for EC? Can I show my investment as funds while applying HSMP and also at the time of EC?

Warm Regards
Taloola

taloola
Newly Registered

funds for HSMP/EC

Post by taloola » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:26 am

Hello Moderators,

Congratulations to all who are getting HSMP approved. And all the best those who are going to apply.

My First query.

When do I have to show HO the funds? I mean only while applying for HSMP(once applied can i use some funds from that account), or after applying to HSMP untill i get the approval or while applying for EC? Can I show my investment as funds while applying HSMP and also at the time of EC?

Warm Regards
Taloola

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:19 pm

Dear Taloola,

Showing Funds and Showing income are two different things. For HSMP, u need not to show any funds, there u have to show income or earnings during last 12 months. While, for EC you need to show the Funds (savings) available with you to secure your stay and other expenses in UK.

So, don't get confused with the two.

Dhaval