ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Qurry Regarding ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shivuu006

Qurry Regarding ILR

Post by shivuu006 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:40 am

Dear All,

I have the following query and hope somebody can help?

My First visa to UK was approved in Sep 1st 2004 on WP in India, and I came to UK on Sep20, 2004 . Later converted to HSMP in UK in 2007. My current Visa(FLR) expiry date is 18th Sep 2009.

As the ILR guidance states that i need to be in UK for 5 years, you can see from my dates that i am falling short of two days for 5 years.

So my question is, can I apply for ILR in this Sept or should i go for Visa Extenstion on TIER1 as I am falling two days short of completing 5 years and then apply for ILR?

Also does the 5year period is from the date when we start or land in UK or when the VISA is approved?

Could any one please clarify?

Thanks
Siva

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:16 am

Hello

Assuming there were no gaps between your visas, you can apply 28 days earlier than the date when you complete five years. Since you came to UK on 24 Sep 04, you can apply for ILR 28 days before this date i.e. some where around Last week of August. So you don't need to extend your visa.

best of luck

shivuu006

Post by shivuu006 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:40 pm

Thanks. I dont have any gaps in my VISA. Also generally what are the waiting times to apply in person in Croydon?

llNicell

Post by llNicell » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:59 pm

Hi Shivuu006,If you have all documents complete & in order (life in UK test certificate, bank statements, payslips, P60 & preferably a letter from your current employer) it should not take more than 2-3 hrs to get stamped passport back. If case worker wants any additional document, you will be given 14days to submit these additional documents.
Good luck

schindler

Post by schindler » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:24 pm

jazbaati99 wrote:Hello

Assuming there were no gaps between your visas, you can apply 28 days earlier than the date when you complete five years. Since you came to UK on 24 Sep 04, you can apply for ILR 28 days before this date i.e. some where around Last week of August. So you don't need to extend your visa.

best of luck
Is there any where in the form/guidance notes which says visa gap will not be accepted? I have 6 weeks visa gap(wp then to HSMP).So does this mean that my ILR clock will be reset from the time my HSMP visa came into effect?