ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is transfer of ILR to additional passport booklet required ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhavna

Is transfer of ILR to additional passport booklet required ?

Post by bhavna » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:52 pm

Dear All,

Can any forum member please reply to my query below ?

I got UK ILR stamp in my indian passport few months back.
However all the pages in my passport have been filled up recently because of some frequent travelling which i did.
I recently applied and got an additional passport booklet for the remaining duration of my original passport validity. The passport number in the additional booklet is different from the original one.

Do i need to transfer the ILR stamp from my original passport into this additional booklet ?

Best Regards
Bhavna

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:38 pm

A transfer is not necessary but makes the relevant administrative tasks requring evidence of immigration status in a valid document including travel between international borders easier. You seem to do a fair amount of travel - wait till you need to do so on company business get a new ILR stamp on Form NTL = 250 GBP in person or 155 by post then claim it back on expenses. I am sure Payroll have seen more 'unusual claims' than this 8) .

bhavna

Post by bhavna » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:46 pm

Thanks Kayalami for your reply.
However as per my understanding the additional booklet has no meaning without the original passport. It is mandatory to have them both together whenever presenting anywhere.
Will the UK immigration authorities have any problems with me having the ILR stamp in my original passport and not having it in the additional booklet ?

Cheers
Bhavna