ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got Tier 1 VISA. but employer is asking to get Tier 2.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niranhopper
Newly Registered

Got Tier 1 VISA. but employer is asking to get Tier 2.

Post by niranhopper » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:15 am

Hi guys. i recently got a Tier 1 VISA. i approached my current employer and he agreed to send me onsite to UK in March 09. i checked with some of the project mates and they said that i cannot travel with a Tier 1 VISA. i can only travel on the company's Tier 2 work permit VISA.

is it possbile to get a new Tier2 visa? if so, will my Tier 1 VISA be still valid? my assignment in UK will be for 3-6 months. so i dont want to waste my Tier 1 VISA.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:00 am

Unless you have a problem satisfying 345D( c ), then I believe you should be able to use your Tier 1 visa for employment in the UK.

Moreover,
Do I need a sponsor? wrote:You do not need a sponsor for Tier 1 (General) Migrant of PBS.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:45 am

I agree, your employer probably isn't aware of the specifics, but the reality is that you already have the right to work in the UK through your Tier 1. I wouldn't switch to Tier 2, since it will tie you to this employer.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:48 am

UKbound wrote:I agree, your employer probably isn't aware of the specifics, but the reality is that you already have the right to work in the UK through your Tier 1. I wouldn't switch to Tier 2, since it will tie you to this employer.
Question here is not about whether he is able to work with his T1 for his employer, but is whether employer willing to send him with T1. Every company has their own set of rules.

To OP: It depend on your negotiating power to convince your employer to uitilize your T1 visa for this assingment.

niranhopper
Newly Registered

Post by niranhopper » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:45 am

Thanks for the reply. is it possible to get a Tier 2 visa and keep my Tier 1 valid. or should i cancel my Tier 1 and apply for a Tier 2.

for guys on Tier2, does the embassy cancel the Tier 2 visa and then give a Tier 1 VISA or does both the VISA types remain valid.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:49 am

niranhopper wrote:Thanks for the reply. is it possible to get a Tier 2 visa and keep my Tier 1 valid. or should i cancel my Tier 1 and apply for a Tier 2.

for guys on Tier2, does the embassy cancel the Tier 2 visa and then give a Tier 1 VISA or does both the VISA types remain valid.
Only one visa is valid at a time.