ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[b] PLEASE SIGNE THE PETITION FOR THE EEA4 PERMANET RESIDENT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joelondon
Member of Standing

[b] PLEASE SIGNE THE PETITION FOR THE EEA4 PERMANET RESIDENT

Post by joelondon » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:37 pm

HERE IS THE LINK ...AND PLEASE SIGNE THE PETITION TO SPEED UP THE PORCESS ...EVERYONE WELCOME

If like us you are fed-up by the time to process EEA4 applications (our application has been at the home office for almost 7 months now), you may want to take action and sign the petition created on this subject on the ePetition website of 10 Downing Street:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/EEA4-Residency/

This petition asks the Prime Minister to take adequate measures to reduce the timeframe to process applications for residency for spouse of EU/EEA citizen from 6 months to 6 weeks.

Thanks for supporting this petition.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:43 pm

Permanent Residency after 5 years of marriage for spouse of EU/EEA citizen is a right under EU Law. The process of the applications (EEA4) by the UK Border Agency can take 6 months or more.

Because it is not possible to apply for the renewal of the residency permit in advance and issuing a Schengen Visa requires under EU law a minimum of 6 months residency, this means that the spouse of EU/EEA Citizen are denied for over ONE YEAR the right to travel with their partners in the Schengen zone.

In addition to this for the 6 months or more that the UK Border Agency needs to process the application, the spouse is unable to leave the UK, because the UK Border Agency is keeping hold of passports, marriage certificates and other financial documents - all originals, for the whole period of the application.

This is clearly a breach of the basic right to travel and visit families. I therefore petition the Prime Minister:

1. To make necessary changes to process applications within a 6 weeks period.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:48 pm

What about EEA1-3? I don't think it is a good idea to single out just the EEA4. It is a problem of all applications under European law.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:32 pm

86ti wrote:What about EEA1-3? I don't think it is a good idea to single out just the EEA4. It is a problem of all applications under European law.

well they are all mention here ...all the EEA on Eu route so its include EEA1/2/3/4...good luck

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:57 pm

You obviously see more than I do. The major concern of this petition seems to be travelling. For many EEA2 applicants the major concern is finding work during the process which is not mentioned at all. Clearly, the petition is only concernced with EEA4. Either way, and sorry to say that, quite a half-baked approach.

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:29 pm

Even that I am about to apply for EEA4 in one year from now, I prefer not to sign this petition because I think this petition should be for all European applications and not specially for EEA4 (even that the other are a bit mentioned, but the approach doesn't seem to be alright).

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:32 pm

Glauco wrote:Even that I am about to apply for EEA4 in one year from now, I prefer not to sign this petition because I think this petition should be for all European applications and not specially for EEA4 (even that the other are a bit mentioned, but the approach doesn't seem to be alright).

well is all up to you ...and i'm not the one who did the petition ...so sorry about this and wishing good luck to everyone and include my self ...all the best for all of you ...and keep up the good work ...hopefully we gona get an answer soon :)

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:13 pm

EEA residency enquiries

You may wish to contact the European Enquiries Contact Centre if you are a national of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and you have a query regarding:
o registration certificates for yourself or a family member;
o a residence card;
o a family member residence stamp; or
o confirmation of permanent residence in the United Kingdom.

The centre is currently experiencing high call volumes which may lead to a delay in your call being answered. Our opening times are 0900 to 2100 Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays, but you may wish to contact us between the hours of 1800 and 2100 later in the week when we are less busy.

Please read our guidance on applying under European law before you contact us.

Phone: 0845 010 5200

Email: UKBAeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 0900 to 2100