ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling with family permit?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dancingc
Newly Registered

Traveling with family permit?

Post by dancingc » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:18 am

Hello,
I have a few questions.
First I would like to know if my partner from the US and non EU national can apply for her family permit ( 6-months permit first) only in her homecounrty the US or is it possible that she can also apply for it in another counrty, for example my home country Germany (i am an eu national) ?
We are married. Because right now we live in the US but leaving the US in the middle of June to go to Germany for about 3 or 4 weeks. After this, we were planning on traveling to UK in the middle of July, beginning of August 09. I, the Eu national got accepted at a University in the Uk and I will start my studies in September 09.
Then the second thing is, I was reading in the forum that someone applied for a family permit ( a non eu citizen) but partner was eu citizen, no one of them ever were in the UK before and because of that the application for the permit for 6 months got rejected because they were not present in the UK. Is that possbile? There was no further explanaiton to it, but I wonder if this could happen to me too since neither me nor my girlfriend are in the UK now. we plan on going to and entering the UK together.

And the third questions is, when my girlfriend got her family permit ( the one for 6 months) and we travel from Germany to UK to look for a place and juts planning on staying in the Uk for about 2 weeks to find a place and then go back to germany to get the rest of our stuff like furniture etc, can my girlfriend travel with the Uk family permit ( 6 months permit) or does she need to stay in the UK after she entered the UK the first time with her family permit??

Thank you so much for reading my posting and help.
Have a good day,
Chris

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:25 am

How do my family members apply for an EEA family permit? wrote:They can apply for the EEA Family Permit at any British mission overseas that offers a full service visa-issuing office.
2. There is no requirement for you to be present in the UK if you are travelling together.
What is an EEA family permit? wrote:An EEA family permit is a form of entry clearance that we give free of charge so that members of your family who are not EEA nationals can travel with you or join you in the UK.
1.3 - Validity of entry clearance and leave to enter wrote:A person granted entry clearance may travel to and remain in the UK for the purpose it was granted as many times as they wish while it remains valid.
Is she your wife or girlfriend?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.