ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

trying to immigrate to the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

canadian in need of help
Newly Registered

trying to immigrate to the UK

Post by canadian in need of help » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:43 pm

Hi, I need some advice and help, i just married my british fiance and i am a canadian citizen, i applied for my settlement visa(with everything they wanted and more for document's and info wise), paid the fee and received the email saying the british high commission had gotten it and it is being processed......now the thing is my new wife has heart problems and i called WorldBridge to see if i could get my visa expedaited(was told it is possible for medical reasons)(and we were to fly back together on the 25th of january 2009)and it is documented in my wife's sponsorship part of my application......WorldBridge said they contacted the high commission and told me they would be incontact with me......that was last week and i have not heard a word from them yet and they still have not said if my visa has been approved or not. WHAT CAN I DO NOW?, my wife has already flown back to the UK(without me) and complaining of chest pains, and WorldBridge told me to contact the high commission directly......i have and all they gave me was a fax number. HELP ME PLEASE IF YOU CAN

ObamaBinLaden
Newly Registered

Post by ObamaBinLaden » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:03 am

how longs it been since you send it your app? it should take 1 week for them to send u an email on whether or not you get accepted.

canadian in need of help
Newly Registered

Post by canadian in need of help » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:11 pm

it has been over a week since they sent me an email saying that they had received my app and they are processing it.........but WorldBridge contacted them and asked them to contact me because of my wife's medical condition(to expedait my visa).......and they still have not contacted me and that was 4 days ago