ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

accomodation for fiancée visa.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

peteisace
Newly Registered

accomodation for fiancée visa.

Post by peteisace » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:41 pm

Hi, I am looking to bring my fiancée over to the UK. My big concern is re: the proof of accomodation. Currently I live in shared accomodation, for two reasons, one naturally being money, but the second, more important is that I do not wish to live alone.

Naturally I would be looking to rent a property once she is given clearance to come, but until then I do not wish to do this. It will cost more money, and if she is not granted the visa, then I will be stuck with a property I do not wish to live in.

Now money isn't really a problem to me. I can easily prove that I have more than enough money to rent a decent sized property for us to live in when she comes over. Is there much chance of explaining the situation to the visa people, with evidence of current wealth, and the price to rent properties in the area we are considering? It seems daft to rent a property for >3 months whilst waiting for an application that is not guaranteed to come through. A waste of money, and a lot of time spent alone for no reason.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:27 am

See also How To Apply for a Fiance Visa to the UK - Basic Info.

A bedroom for your exclusive use without overcrowding should be adequate, where
9.11 - Adequacy of accommodation wrote:You should make a sound judgement based on the evidence from the applicant as to whether the accommodation available is adequate.

If you are not sure of the credibility of the applicant, you should ask to see a letter from the owner of the property (which may be a housing authority, housing association, landlord or a building society). This should confirm particulars of tenure and occupation of the dwelling, together with a description of the accommodation and, if rented, a copy of the lease.

The onus is on the applicant to provide confirmation that there is no objection to an additional resident moving into the accommodation.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ObamaBinLaden
Newly Registered

Post by ObamaBinLaden » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:09 am

i have read this on various forums and what they recomend you do is get the council to do an inspection of your crib. they will write a report for you. it will cost money though.