ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need assistance = Got workpermit

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

itsme
Member of Standing

Need assistance = Got workpermit

Post by itsme » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:15 am

hi everybody,
i am based out of India. I am coming to UK by company sponsored workpermit which has valid of more than 1 year.Looking out for a permanent job in IT field. can anyone guide me where should i start from.
I understand new employer has to give fresh workpermit on my name.
Any suggestions are welcome.

rgds.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:29 am

"I am coming to UK by company sponsored workpermit which has valid of more than 1 year.Looking out for a permanent job in IT field"

"I understand new employer has to give fresh workpermit on my name. "

<== sorry confused at your 2 different statements

are you coming to the UK visa your existing company or using the existing company's WP without their knowledge to travel to the UK and find a new job ?

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:15 am

i came to UK on a workpermit through my existing company in India only
(ofcourse with their knowledge).Best word to use is "deputation for some period"

Now i interested to switch on to new employer here in UK ( through transfer of workpermit)

Tried applying for various jobs in IT, my core field but all companies/consultants are reluctant to offer me a job due to my current status. they are looking for a UK citizen or a PR inspite of fulfilling there job requirements.
Can anyone advice me how to go about this !!!

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:36 am

through transfer of workpermit <== there is no such thing as workpermit transfer in the UK...

If you switch employers then the new employer has to sponsor your wp, which unfortunately nobody is ready to do nowadays..