ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SHOULD I JUST GIVE UP AND AND CONSIDER MYSELF FINISHED?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bleak_future
Newly Registered

SHOULD I JUST GIVE UP AND AND CONSIDER MYSELF FINISHED?

Post by bleak_future » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:40 pm

I have a issue which is disturbing me badly and I really want to make the right decision if there is one.
Everything I am telling you is the truth so feel free to tell me what an idiot I was for getting myself in this predicament. Naivity and "under"standing (not overstanding) always bring with it a price to pay. I am exhausted and have even considered taking my life because I feel as if all is lost. I would like to know if there is any possibility of a miracle out there to help me.

I arrived in the UK in April 99 on student visa. I attended college for about 3 months then after which my Guarantor had unfortunate circumstances and couldn't afford to sponsor me anymore financially. I then moved on to get a full time job, but took some wrong advice and worked under a different name. Before I had actually left the college I had actually sent off an application through a solicitor who subsequently moved office and then me foolishly not following up the application. After that I pretty much just kept on using the same name and working to look after myself. I have no family here and the fmaily that I do have abroad are all split up. If I went back I would have no job, no money, nothing over my head, no sanity, no life. I locked it from my head for years choosing to not think about it. Recently however I have met the most wonderful girl ever. She loves me and I love her. I don't mind voluntaring to go back and getting married but I am scared that I won't be able to see her again and I would be back to stage 1.
I don't how I would cope not been allowed back into the country and been able to see her again.

I managed to get my passport back from the solicitors along with a letter that said thaI had the "right to appeal against the decision to refuse me right to stay under a extended student visa"

I woudl like any advice I can get.

Can I marry?

Would it be deemed as legal if I was married to a British Natioanal?

Could I get married to her abroad?

Am I completely screwed?

My dad was once a citizen of the UK. Could that help my case?

I haven't been using mthe name I entered the country with as in the example.....Jon instead of John?

HELP!

Regards

R

Kotiara

Re: SHOULD I JUST GIVE UP AND AND CONSIDER MYSELF FINISHED?

Post by Kotiara » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:04 pm

edit
Last edited by Kotiara on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vayu

Post by Vayu » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:15 pm

To be helpful it would be useful to know:

What nationality are you?

If you dad was a british national (once) where was he born?

Where were your grandparents born?

Answer these questions and we can go from there.

bleak_future
Newly Registered

re

Post by bleak_future » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:08 pm

I am Jamaican

My dad was born in Jamaica but he gave up his citizenship when I retired in Jamaica.

My Grandparents are all dead but they were Jamaican anyway.

I appreciate your reply...

I rang a solicitor few days ago they said they was nothing I could do and that I should just voluntarily go back to Jamaica and call it a day?

Is this so?

Regards

R

bleak_future
Newly Registered

Post by bleak_future » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:11 pm

Kotiara wrote:You know, there was that Russian taxi driver who gave mе a ride one day. He used to drive cars from Germany to Russia and sell them in the 90s, when it was profitable. He's seen a lot of interesting things in his life. Some of his partners had problems in Germany. Don't remember exactly what the problems were, but the German police put their mames on their black list or something and would not allow them to enter Germany ever again. So you know what those guys did? They went back to Russia and managed to alter the spelling of their names in their passports. Then they could come to Germany again. You know, in Russia you can get everything for money.

I think there's no need to commit suicide, because there are always ways to solve your problems. Not that I suggest you breake the law, just think of something creative.
Have you got any creative ideas that you may be willing to share? I am seriously confused and scared.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:37 pm

bleak_future ... hi .... I think you need to make an investment in time. That is, you need to read through the whole of this thread, from start to finish. It is four pages long. It will show you that those in supposedly impossible circumstances can have a happy ending!

If you do read through it you will see how the saga develops. OK, the circumstances mentioned there are not identical to yours ... but the outcome ... go back to your own country ...and apply for a visa there! In your case, given that the two of you are not yet married, it might be the case that the two of you plan to marry in Jamaica, and following that you would apply for a spouse visa to return to the UK.
John

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:50 am

edit