ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help me- Ive lost my only passport

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nazalisaeed
Newly Registered

Please help me- Ive lost my only passport

Post by nazalisaeed » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:59 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

Me and my husband have recently had a break in at our flat. Apart from losing expensive items my husband has lost his pakistani passport which had the original settlement visa inside.

He has only been in the UK for 2 months and I was hoping to find him a job and open a bank account but now finding it impossible with the current red tape around the required ID for foreign citizens.

It has been reported to the police but they have already confirmed that they cannot do anything regarding his ID. I have mentioned that the passport maybe used on the black market and wanted the passport/visa blocking to avoid any fraud.

I dont know what to do and finding it difficult to support us both. Can anyone help me please. I dont know who to contact or what I can do now... :cry: :cry:

Please get back to me ASAP

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Contact the Pakistan High Commission. Did you get a police report - if so they may want to see it.

nazalisaeed
Newly Registered

Post by nazalisaeed » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:41 pm

Thank you for replying.

I have been advised to contact pakistan high commission by a relative but to be honest they have a very slow service (known from experience) and I want to get my husband a job soon.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime?

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:13 pm

nazalisaeed wrote:Thank you for replying.

I have been advised to contact pakistan high commission by a relative but to be honest they have a very slow service (known from experience) and I want to get my husband a job soon.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime?
Do not double triple post the same issue on the website

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:38 am

Apply for replacement passport and Transfer visa to a new passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

SallyA
BANNED

Post by SallyA » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Sometimes that is the only way around, Im sorry to say no solution is a quick fix and the better you get started the quicker the issue will be resolved I think :wink: