ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PREVIOUS EARNING

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

temmychic
Newly Registered

PREVIOUS EARNING

Post by temmychic » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:51 pm

Hi,
I am currently on HSMP visa which is due to expire at the end of the year. i have a question regarding the previous earning.
1. Does the combination of fulltime and part time job both have to be for the 12 months been claimed or can it just be for any duration as long as it make up the amount required for the point claimed.For insance, i worked full time for 12 months but the salary is not enough to make up the amount required for the point claimed and i then worked partime for 6 months within the same 12 months to make up the amount. Will that be acceptable.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: PREVIOUS EARNING

Post by gotcha » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:10 pm

temmychic wrote:Hi,
I am currently on HSMP visa which is due to expire at the end of the year. i have a question regarding the previous earning.
1. Does the combination of fulltime and part time job both have to be for the 12 months been claimed or can it just be for any duration as long as it make up the amount required for the point claimed.For insance, i worked full time for 12 months but the salary is not enough to make up the amount required for the point claimed and i then worked partime for 6 months within the same 12 months to make up the amount. Will that be acceptable.
Your part time earning must be within same period of claim period.
e.g. If you are claiming Jan - 2008 to Dec - 2008 full time earning , then part time earning can be any earning, during this period. It can not be before Jan - 2008 or after Dec - 2008.

temmychic
Newly Registered

Post by temmychic » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:27 pm

I know it has to be within the period claim but my question is can the part time job be less than 12 months as long as it is within the period claim
Last edited by temmychic on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:28 pm

temmychic wrote:I know it has to be within the period claim but my question is can the part time job be less than 12 months as long as the period is within the period claim
Yes, it can be.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:30 pm

Yes it can be. I have applied for extention with one full time job and one part time job. Waiting for results......the guidance note says that you can apply with more than one job, provided these fall within same duration of claimed period.
temmychic wrote:I know it has to be within the period claim but my question is can the part time job be less than 12 months as long as it is within the period claim
Thinking low is crime....

Sheetal.p
Newly Registered

Post by Sheetal.p » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:41 pm

Hi,

Yes, it can be for a period less than 12 months, provided you score the required points to qualify.