ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance requirement - HSBC Bank

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

satish.pand

Maintenance requirement - HSBC Bank

Post by satish.pand » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:09 am

Hi,

For Maintenance requirement, HSBC bank is reluctant to give a letter saying that I have been maintaining 800 pounds for the past 3 months.
Please let me know whether monthly bank statements are sufficient for this maintenance fund requirement or do I need to provide anyother evidence.

Regards
Satish

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:13 am

Why are they reluctant to provide this letter?

The bank statements alone will be fine without the letter, assuming they are official, show the dates in question, etc.

Incidentally, HSNC provided a similar letter when I requested it for my application.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Maintenance requirement - HSBC Bank

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:13 pm

satish.pand wrote:Hi,

For Maintenance requirement, HSBC bank is reluctant to give a letter saying that I have been maintaining 800 pounds for the past 3 months.
Please let me know whether monthly bank statements are sufficient for this maintenance fund requirement or do I need to provide anyother evidence.

Regards
Satish
Yes satish...

I agree with you.. HSBC will give letter with everything put in it except what we require.. about the min funds maintained for 3months...

But Satish, as drjabber mentioned, if you have all the monthly bank statements required for your applicaion you are more than ready to apply and support ur maintenance funds category..

goodluck

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:31 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
satish.pand wrote:Hi,

Regards
Satish
Yes satish...

I agree with you.. HSBC will give letter with everything put in it except what we require.. about the min funds maintained for 3months...

But Satish, as drjabber mentioned, if you have all the monthly bank statements required for your applicaion you are more than ready to apply and support ur maintenance funds category..

goodluck
I don't understand why they would not provide an adequate letter, Ramesh. I bank with HSBC and they were quite cooperative with my situation...

Humana

Post by Humana » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Hi All,

If my bank, on letter head has written like:

His salary from "Company Name" is credited in this account".

Will it be fine ? :roll:

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:31 pm

I had the similar situation, where HSBC refused to provide the letter. I simply tried in a different branch and they did the letter for me.

I suggest going to various branches and trying your luck. In my case, I only had to goto one more branch.

Good luck!

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:52 pm

The easiest method is to contact HSBC Cudstomer Services by telephone rather than going in person to your local branch. Also, they will ask for youre request in writing, so be prepared to submit a letter with your request.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:19 pm

Humana wrote:Hi All,

Humana...

Please kindly read the GUIDANCE clearly...

A little mistake can cost your application to be rejected...

Please give more details what your actual question is, where you are applying from and is this query for Maintenance funds??

satish.pand

Post by satish.pand » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:26 pm

Thanks Guys. I will check the customer services or other HSBC branch.

Humana

Post by Humana » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:52 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
Humana wrote:Hi All,

Humana...

Please kindly read the GUIDANCE clearly...

A little mistake can cost your application to be rejected...

Please give more details what your actual question is, where you are applying from and is this query for Maintenance funds??

Hi tvn_ramesh,

I am applying from India.
This for previous earning section.

Are these three docs sufficient:
1. Bank statements, stamped and signed including date, my name, bank name , bank logo etc.
2. Pay slips stamped and signed by employer (12 months)
3. Letter from bank which includes the statement like this:

His salary from "Company Name" is credited in this account.

This is just to confirm that my salary credits in that bank.

Please let me know your thoughts on this...
:?

Regards

Humana

Post by Humana » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:00 pm

Hi tvn_ramesh, Please reply........

lilylily
Newly Registered

Post by lilylily » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:33 am

I've also had problems with HSBC when trying to get a letter from them covering what's required for the visa application. I spoke on the phone to 2 different people, for a total of about 30 minutes, calling from Australia. The first guy couldn't understand what I was saying and the second guy said it was no problem, then when the letter arrived it didn't cover anything at all that I requested, and I was very clear in my request. I eventually gave up and waited until my 3 monthly statement came and sent that in.

It was really poor service from HSBC.

Sheetal.p
Newly Registered

Post by Sheetal.p » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:49 pm

Hi,

If you have the 15 months original bank statements, out of which the last 3 months [prior to the application] you have been maintaining the required funds in your account, then it should be sufficient to meet the Maintenance funds criterea.

But, it is advisable to provide the letter from the bank, as well. It would surely add to your application.

ertis
Newly Registered

Post by ertis » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:14 am

hsbc was supposed to sent my 3 month statement 2 weeks ago but they didn't. I requested a new one but it didn't arrive yet too.
My visa expires tomorrow. I have the online statement on headed paper. The representative said that it is OK to apply to visa with these.

Please help me urgetly. Original statements will probably arrive on Monday. Should I apply tomorrow and send the original documans later? Am I allowed to do that?

Thanks.

pakuk
Newly Registered

Post by pakuk » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi Ertis, why dont you get a letter from your bank like this one:

Date dd-mm-yy

Dear Immigration Officer,

I hereby confirm that Mr Ertis has an account with us and details about his account are below:

Account name: Mr Erts
Account Number: 123456678
Current balance: £800 0r higher

I also confirm that his credit balance has always been at least £800 for the last 3 months.

Should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours faithfully,

ABC
Bank Manager

Addess …………..
Phone no. …………
Email: …………….

I this this letter will be fine to use as an evidence of maintenance fund and you will not need any bank statements.

ertis
Newly Registered

Post by ertis » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:57 pm

pakuk wrote:Hi Ertis, why dont you get a letter from your bank like this one:

Date dd-mm-yy

Dear Immigration Officer,

I hereby confirm that Mr Ertis has an account with us and details about his account are below:

Account name: Mr Erts
Account Number: 123456678
Current balance: £800 0r higher

I also confirm that his credit balance has always been at least £800 for the last 3 months.

Should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours faithfully,

ABC
Bank Manager

Addess …………..
Phone no. …………
Email: …………….

I this this letter will be fine to use as an evidence of maintenance fund and you will not need any bank statements.
Thank you pakuk,
They (hsbc branch in uk) said that they don't write letters and it is their policy. I said that it is for visa but he said that people apply with those statements that he gave me and they don't have problems.
I got the original statements today, is there any way to send them to HO?
The application fee is not deducted from my account yet.
Last edited by ertis on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

satish.pand

Post by satish.pand » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:17 pm

I gave a call to HSBC bank(Indian call centre) and they have promised to send me an certificate of balance within 7-10 days.

pakuk
Newly Registered

Post by pakuk » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:10 pm

@ Ertis

I think bank statements should be fine but if you really want to send letter then try different HSBC branches. I got letter from HSBC last week.

@Satish
Be careful about HSBC promises, it can happen that you never get letter in 7-10 days or letter which they sent is not what you asked. If you still have many days then you can wait.... anyway latest bank statements are more than enough.

ertis
Newly Registered

Post by ertis » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:30 pm

pakuk wrote:@ Ertis

I think bank statements should be fine but if you really want to send letter then try different HSBC branches. I got letter from HSBC last week.
I already sent the application since my visa was going to expire. I got the originals now. Do you think that there is a way to send these documents? They didn't take the application fee from my account yet.

pakuk
Newly Registered

Post by pakuk » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:05 pm

ertis wrote:

I already sent the application since my visa was going to expire. I got the originals now. Do you think that there is a way to send these documents? They didn't take the application fee from my account yet.
If you have posted online statement with a bank stamp on it then it should be fine. If you have sent online statement without stamp then you should send originals asap by special delivery, make sure that these reach into right hands in UKBA office.

ertis
Newly Registered

Post by ertis » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:59 pm

pakuk wrote:
ertis wrote:

If you have posted online statement with a bank stamp on it then it should be fine. If you have sent online statement without stamp then you should send originals asap by special delivery, make sure that these reach into right hands in UKBA office.
It was on headed paper but they refused to stamp it.

So do you think it is ok if I send the statements to the same address that I sent the application with a letter that requests to add these statements to my application? I'll try this, I have nothing else to do.

m_kamran

Post by m_kamran » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:58 pm

If you use bank letter head paper then you do not need to stamp it. I think you are fine. Also, home office will not take any other documents as you are not allowed to do that in Tier1 General.

You can only send documents if case worker ask you to do.

ertis
Newly Registered

Post by ertis » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:14 pm

m_kamran wrote:If you use bank letter head paper then you do not need to stamp it. I think you are fine. Also, home office will not take any other documents as you are not allowed to do that in Tier1 General.

You can only send documents if case worker ask you to do.
OK Thanks a lot for the reply, it means a lot to me.
By the way, mine was Post Study Work. I thought "General" meant every kind of Tier 1 application. Sorry for that.
So I will just wait the result with the original statement in my hands.
Thanks again, I wont send the statements to UKBA.

satish.pand

Post by satish.pand » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:52 pm

HSBC have already taken around 9 days and I am yet to receive the letter from the bank on my balance. When I spoke to HSBC they mentioned that my request was missed out and will process it now. I am not sure how long its going to take now.

I am wondering whether I can send just the bank statments alone with my application or is it worth waiting for the letter from bank.