ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant of Tier 1 from India - Maintenance of funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krisbal

Dependant of Tier 1 from India - Maintenance of funds

Post by krisbal » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:58 pm

Hi,

I wish to apply for Tier 1 dependant from India. My wife got her visa in Sep and gt her job just 1 month back. Can I show (2800£ + 1600£) equivalent INR in my account in India for 3 months instead of showing her UK bank account as it wont be having so much balance mainatained at the point when I am applying for my visa
I shall also produce her UK bank statements, contract letter and salary slips at the time of application in addition to the above. Will that be sufficient.

Thanks
Balaji

ireallywish09

maintenance funds

Post by ireallywish09 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi,

According to the guidelines, maintenance funds should be available in the main applicant's bank account. You can transfer this amount from your account to her. That should be fine. Apart from this, you only need to show her bank statements confirming the maintenance funds, and marriage certificate. you can do away with salary slips / contract letter i think.