ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Details

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

parita
Newly Registered

Biometric Details

Post by parita » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Hello ,

I live in Netherlands n m an Indian National. As per the rules i cannot apply from netherlands for Tier 1 general migrant , so i plan to apply from India. Is it possible I send my application to India and give my biometrics in Netherlands?

ireallywish09

Apply from India

Post by ireallywish09 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:41 pm

Hi

How can you send your application to India? You need to send your passport as well with the application. And i bet you cant stay without it in Netherland. You will definitely need to come to India and apply.

parita
Newly Registered

Re: Apply from India

Post by parita » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:52 pm

ireallywish09 wrote:Hi

How can you send your application to India? You need to send your passport as well with the application. And i bet you cant stay without it in Netherland. You will definitely need to come to India and apply.

I can send my application n passport thru someone to india as i have my friends visiting regularly..N i wont be needing my passport in Netherlands as far as m not leaving the country..

dextar

Post by dextar » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:44 am

I think, transmit your passport by some other means is illegal. And if someone at airport find your passport they may keep that and investigate your friend why he is carrying a passport which does not belong to him.

So, please double check that there is no violation of rules if you are sending your passport.
parita wrote:

I can send my application n passport thru someone to india as i have my friends visiting regularly..N i wont be needing my passport in Netherlands as far as m not leaving the country..

parita
Newly Registered

Post by parita » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:01 pm

dextar wrote:I think, transmit your passport by some other means is illegal. And if someone at airport find your passport they may keep that and investigate your friend why he is carrying a passport which does not belong to him.

So, please double check that there is no violation of rules if you are sending your passport.
parita wrote:

Thanks...will check it out..

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:49 pm

Its illegal to send passport out of country by post or by another means..... so dont send your passport over to India...

parita wrote:
dextar wrote:I think, transmit your passport by some other means is illegal. And if someone at airport find your passport they may keep that and investigate your friend why he is carrying a passport which does not belong to him.

parita wrote:

Thanks...will check it out..
Thinking low is crime....

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Biometric Details

Post by gotcha » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:19 pm

parita wrote:Hello ,

I live in Netherlands n m an Indian National. As per the rules i cannot apply from netherlands for Tier 1 general migrant
Who said it. I guess, you are not reading your previous replies carefully.