ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chetan0102
Newly Registered

Application date

Post by chetan0102 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:11 pm

HI kkarank_71

Its good that your application get approved smoothly. As you mentined that you applied about 6 weeks before your visa expire date? can u tell me how many exact days before your visa expire you applied? Please reply as soon as possible.
kkarank_71 wrote:Hi All.

Just thought i would update you all that i have received my HSMP Extension -

1) Application sent on April 18
2) Application received by HO in Walsall on April 19
3) Return documents(with stamped passport) received on April 29

I had about 6 weeks left on my visa when i applied for extension.

Cheers :)

ns7
BANNED

Post by ns7 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:05 am

Got 3 years extension under HSMP JR. All the posts here helped me in filing my case successfully and I would like to thank you all for this.
Details:
(1) Initial visa's expiry date was Feb 2009.
(2) Applied in last week of Nov as planning to travel to India in Jan 2009 and advance extension would also help my wife in getting her job contract extended on time (as its end date is based on the initial visa's expiry date). I mentioned this in my cover letter and also enclosed the first page of her job contract.
(3)Enclosed standard evidences i.e. my last 12 months salary slips, bank statements, company letter, initial HSMP approval letter (along with initial application receipt email), Marriage certificate and kid's birth certificate.
(4) Used postal orders and included self-addressed Royal mail Special delivery envelope for return of documents.
(5)Got papers back today and extension is till Feb 2012.

The letter which I got from UKBA along with my passports is saying that leave has been approved for a period Feb 2012 and this will be sufficient to take me to the current qualifying threshold for settlement. But I am not sure on this. My initial EC date was Feb 2007 but I came to UK in May 2007 (first entry) so I would be completing 5 years in May 2012 but my extension is till Feb 2012. Though its a long time but it would be of great help if some member can put his/her thoughts on this.

Thanks & Regards,
ns7

chakritsus

Post by chakritsus » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:21 pm

Hi,
Congratulations for getting the extension.
I am also applying the extension in Jan 2009 as my current visa expires in Feb 2009.

I got the following questions while going through the application. Can you help me by answering these questions.

1) Maintenance requirement - Can we submit the last 3 months statements from the Bank for this? I am already submitting last 12 month statements for showing my previous earnings. so can I tell them to look for last 3 month statements for Maintaince funds or do I need to take another letter from Bank?

2) one of my Original Bank monthly statement is missing. So I asked the Bank to give a copy . so they gave me normal printout and a letter stating that the format of these statements differ from original , but the contents are same,on a Bank letter head. so will these be sufficient for my missing statement.

Chakra

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:10 pm

My tier 1 extension was very fast

Sent on 19 Nov
Money out a couple of days later
They contacted my work to confirm my payslips 5th of Dec
Received my passport and my wife's passport on the 15th of Dec with our visas

Also the letter of approval that our passport came with were dated 10th of Dec.

Good Luck to all,
Ahmad

chakritsus

Post by chakritsus » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:40 am

chakritsus wrote:Hi,
Congratulations for getting the extension.
I am also applying the extension in Jan 2009 as my current visa expires in Feb 2009.

I got the following questions while going through the application. Can you help me by answering these questions.

1) Maintenance requirement - Can we submit the last 3 months statements from the Bank for this? I am already submitting last 12 month statements for showing my previous earnings. so can I tell them to look for last 3 month statements for Maintaince funds or do I need to take another letter from Bank?

2) one of my Original Bank monthly statement is missing. So I asked the Bank to give a copy . so they gave me normal printout and a letter stating that the format of these statements differ from original , but the contents are same,on a Bank letter head. so will these be sufficient for my missing statement.

Chakra
Any thoughts on this ?

Jabi
Newly Registered

Approved!

Post by Jabi » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:43 am

We got our HSMP extension under the judicial review. We applied from UK.
Received extension up to 05/02/2012. The time lines were

Documents sent: 1st Dec
Acknowledgement letter : 2nd Dec
Approved on : 12th Dec
Passports received : 16th Dec

Good luck to all!

shahjee
Newly Registered

Post by shahjee » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:27 pm

I hereby submit my details for extension of my HSMP Visa for a further period of 3 years

Application sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery:- 26.11.2007
Application received in Durham Office:- 27.11.2007
Money charged to my Credit Card:- 27.11.2007
Passports sent back with Visa:- 08.12.08
Received in my home:- 10.12.08

Please note that since my HSMP Application falls under the Judicial Review case so I was given Visa till March, 2012 so that I may apply for settlement once my 5 years of continuous stay are over.

Ozziedude
Newly Registered

When do I need to apply for Extending HSMP (now Tier 1)

Post by Ozziedude » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:21 pm

Hello all,

My original HSMP Visa began on 15 March 2007. I have been in the UK since april 2007.

My HSMP Visa expires on the 15 March 2009. I am looking at extending this visa (now called Tier 1) so I can continue working/living in the UK.

Few questions:
1. When can I apply for my extention?
2. Can I apply for my extention in the first week of January even if my HSMP doesn't expire until mid March? I ask this as I am planning on travelling in late February and require my Passport.
3. When I receive my extention to my HSMP (Tier 1), do I have to fly back to Australia? It seems to me a lot of people these days which have upgraded from Working Holiday to a Tier 1 have to fly back to their own country to get their passport stamped.

Many thanks for your help.

shahjee
Newly Registered

Re: When do I need to apply for Extending HSMP (now Tier 1)

Post by shahjee » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:40 pm

Hi there!!

I'll tryo answer your queries from ym expereince in dealing with Home Office:-

(1) You can apply 6 weeks before your Visa expires. This means that you should apply in the 1st week of 02/09, i.e., b/w 02/02 till 07/02.

(2) I think you should drop the program of going in February since Home Office asks 6 weeks for their process. If lets says it cuts down to 4 weeks due to any reason, then still the travel is not advisable.

(3) I think you better ask Home Office in writing NOW since Tier-1 is a new system & even HO is confused over it. So why not write a letter to them explaining the situation & asking for advice. I hope it works.

Regards
Ozziedude wrote:Hello all,

My original HSMP Visa began on 15 March 2007. I have been in the UK since april 2007.

My HSMP Visa expires on the 15 March 2009. I am looking at extending this visa (now called Tier 1) so I can continue working/living in the UK.

Few questions:
1. When can I apply for my extention?
2. Can I apply for my extention in the first week of January even if my HSMP doesn't expire until mid March? I ask this as I am planning on travelling in late February and require my Passport.
3. When I receive my extention to my HSMP (Tier 1), do I have to fly back to Australia? It seems to me a lot of people these days which have upgraded from Working Holiday to a Tier 1 have to fly back to their own country to get their passport stamped.

Many thanks for your help.

Ozziedude
Newly Registered

Post by Ozziedude » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:05 pm

Hi there,

It doesn't say anywhere that you can only apply 6 weeks until your Visa Expires. The home office website actually says to apply as soon as you can before your Visa expires, they recommend at least 4 weeks.

Also, the person called ns7 wrote:

Got 3 years extension under HSMP JR. All the posts here helped me in filing my case successfully and I would like to thank you all for this.
Details:
(2) Applied in last week of Nov as planning to travel to India in Jan 2009 and advance extension would also help my wife in getting her job contract extended on time (as its end date is based on the initial visa's expiry date). I mentioned this in my cover letter and also enclosed the first page of her job contract.
(3)Enclosed standard evidences i.e. my last 12 months salary slips, bank statements, company letter, initial HSMP approval letter (along with initial application receipt email), Marriage certificate and kid's birth certificate.
(4) Used postal orders and included self-addressed Royal mail Special delivery envelope for return of documents.

shahjee
Newly Registered

Post by shahjee » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:22 am

Please read the guidance notes & you will you will find it.

Ozziedude wrote:Hi there,

It doesn't say anywhere that you can only apply 6 weeks until your Visa Expires. The home office website actually says to apply as soon as you can before your Visa expires, they recommend at least 4 weeks.

Also, the person called ns7 wrote:

Details:

paulmu

Post by paulmu » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:41 pm

Not sure if this thread is appropriate for discussions, but here's my take on ozziedude's questions:

>1. When can I apply for my extention?
As per quidance notes and correctly stated by ozziedude.

>2. Can I apply for my extention in the first week of January even if my >HSMP doesn't expire until mid March? I ask this as I am planning on >travelling in late February and require my Passport.
There have been cases of people applying around 3 months from expiry of their Visas. What is common with these cases is that each included a cover letter explaining their case *with evidence* (such as flight bookings, etc). As already pointed out, it might be worth your while to call them and get further clarification.

>3. When I receive my extention to my HSMP (Tier 1), do I have to fly >back to Australia? It seems to me a lot of people these days which have >upgraded from Working Holiday to a Tier 1 have to fly back to their own >country to get their passport stamped.
I'm not on Woking Holiday Visa, so someone else is best to answer this question.
PM

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:04 pm

ns7 wrote:Got 3 years extension under HSMP JR. All the posts here helped me in filing my case successfully and I would like to thank you all for this.
Details:

The letter which I got from UKBA along with my passports is saying that leave has been approved for a period Feb 2012 and this will be sufficient to take me to the current qualifying threshold for settlement. But I am not sure on this. My initial EC date was Feb 2007 but I came to UK in May 2007 (first entry) so I would be completing 5 years in May 2012 but my extension is till Feb 2012. Though its a long time but it would be of great help if some member can put his/her thoughts on this.

Thanks & Regards,
ns7
I am wondering how you were covered by Judical review...!!
If your initial visa was valid till Feb 2009, I assume you were granted HSMP post Dec 07, in which case JR doesnt cover you..

Plz clarify my dear friend.. I am curious as my initial visa expires in Feb 09 too.. And from what I understand I am not covered by JR.

shahjee
Newly Registered

Post by shahjee » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:17 pm

I would request you to write in details a letter to HSMP Team, now Tier-1 Team asking them to clarify whether you fall under the JR. I did this 7 got a positive written reply from them confirming that I fall under the same.

Regards
abhijack wrote:
ns7 wrote:Got 3 years extension under HSMP JR. All the posts here helped me in filing my case successfully and I would like to thank you all for this.
Details:

Thanks & Regards,
ns7
I am wondering how you were covered by Judical review...!!
If your initial visa was valid till Feb 2009, I assume you were granted HSMP post Dec 07, in which case JR doesnt cover you..

Plz clarify my dear friend.. I am curious as my initial visa expires in Feb 09 too.. And from what I understand I am not covered by JR.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:49 pm

shahjee wrote:I would request you to write in details a letter to HSMP Team, now Tier-1 Team asking them to clarify whether you fall under the JR. I did this 7 got a positive written reply from them confirming that I fall under the same.

Regards

/quote]

[/quote]

mate i know i am not covered by JR... as it covers only those who became part of HSMP program before dec 06..

i was really surprised how he was covered when he got the original HSMP in Feb 2007!!!!

ns7
BANNED

Post by ns7 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:38 pm

Following should help:

I applied in October 2006 (under 65 points scheme).

In December 2006 I received HSMP approval letter (issued in November).

In February 2007 I applied for Entry Clearance (EC) and got the visa stamped on my passport.

Regards,
ns7

ns7
BANNED

Post by ns7 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:22 pm

chakritsus

Post by chakritsus » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:41 pm

Hi All,
Can you help me by answering the following questions? I am applying my extension in Jan 2009.

1) What is the applicant’s current immigration status in the United Kingdom?
I am thinking of writing "Valid Leave to Remain" . Is that OK or any specific wording we need to use?

2) reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant’s passport or travel document.
is this VAF number on the UK visa ?

3) Marriage certificate : do I need to submit Marriage certificate ?

4)Maintenance funds: I am planning to show last 3 monthly Bank statements which shows balance more than required (800 +533) . Is this OK or do we need to take any other letter from Bank?

Chakri

intgral

Post by intgral » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:32 pm

Please post your updates here as well:

www.spammer.com/uk-immigration- ... extension/

ns7
BANNED

Post by ns7 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:47 pm

Chakri,

As I applied for extension under HSMP Judicial Review judgement I am not sure about answers to your questions.

Regards,
ns7

Ozziedude
Newly Registered

HSMP extention contact details?

Post by Ozziedude » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:25 am

Hi Guys,

I am still up in the air about WHEN i can apply for my HSMP extention.

- Guidance notes don't give a date.

- Website says to apply "as soon as you can".

Does anyone know a phone number or email address so I can contact the home office and check? I wonder if the home office replies within a reasonable amount of time!

intgral

Post by intgral » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:45 pm

Submitted 11 Dec 2008 from UK
Processed 8 Jan 2009
Received 19 Jan 2009.

rkrohela
BANNED

Response from UKBA Call Centre on early applications FLR

Post by rkrohela » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:46 pm

Hello Friends,

I called up the UKBA Croydon office 08706067766 today and asked if I can apply 6-7 months in advance for extension under Tier 1. I currently am under HSMP.

The reply I got from them was that, YES it is possible! I want to do it because I wish to change my job and all employers ask for a remaining validity of more than one year.

Has anyone else got the same confirmation via email??

Regards,

Rohit
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

atuliiit
Newly Registered

Post by atuliiit » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:25 am

Yes rohit I also got same response and I applied 2 months in advance fro HSMP -> Tier1

If you are changing from HSMP to Tier you can do any time no restriction

gradkg
Newly Registered

Post by gradkg » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:04 pm

See below the response from HO

Flag this message
RE: HSMP (Tier 1) Extension Query - Please advise
Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:46 PM
"WPCustomers" <wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
XXXXXXXX@yahoo.com
Dear XXXXX
Thank you for your email,

You should apply for an extension around 4 - 5 weeks before your visa expires. It is important that applications are made before the applicant’s current leave to remain expires.
If you do apply earlier you will need to write a covering letter explaining the reason for making the application early. It will then be up to the caseworker if they accept that and process your application early.

Regards,
YYYYYYYY
Customer Service Advisor
Work Permits Customer Contact Centre
UK Border Agency
Home Office
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA
Telephone: 0114 207 4074
Fax: 0114 207 4000
Email: wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Sent: 14 September 2008 09:56
To: WPCustomers
Subject: HSMP (Tier 1) Extension Query - Please advise
Dear Team,

My HSMP visa expires in Feb 2009 (initially granted for 2 years). Please could you advise when is the earliest I could apply for my extension.

Homeoffice website states that the application should be recieved atleast 5 weeks before the expiry. I assume this is the latest by which you would like to recieve the application. I just wanted to know what is the earliest I could apply.

Appreciate your response

Thanks,
XXXXXXX