ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bank statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

happyxda
Newly Registered

bank statement

Post by happyxda » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:45 am

Hello
I am in ireland. I have question about bank statement. I want to claim for period Jan 08 to DEC 08. I have my regular bank statements issued by bank monthly. One or two are missing which i will get from Banlk easily. I want to know that is it necessary that all the bank statements should be off latest date. like on regular statements , there is date of issue of statement of the regular months. DO i need to get all the statements in latest date? Also for maintenace funds, i think we need to show for one month now instead of three month. please correct if i am wrong. thank you
regards
harpreet

Sheetal.p
Newly Registered

Re: bank statement

Post by Sheetal.p » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi,

If the bank statements are original and issued by the bank at regular intervals, then you need not get the bank statements on a latest date. Just see to that you provide all the supporitng statements in original.

With regard to the maintenance funds, you still need to maintain the required balance in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 3 months for which you must show bank statements/other evidence immediately preceding and dated no more than 1 month prior to the date you submit your application.

happyxda
Newly Registered

Post by happyxda » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:43 pm

Dear Sheetal
Thank you for your reply. So it doesnt mater if i will have some lost or missed statements in newer date? ordering statement for whole year would cost considerable(around 10 euro per page) , thats y i am asking all this. but for maintenance funds, isnt it required to submit statement upto 7 days before applying?

Sheetal.p
Newly Registered

Post by Sheetal.p » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:29 am

Hi,

You can request the missing statments from the bank.

And with regards to the Funds Maintainance the bank statements/other evidence have to be immediately preceding and dated no more than 1 month prior to the date you submit your application.

You can refer to this link : Maintainance (Funds)
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... nt#8571832

pakuk
Newly Registered

Post by pakuk » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi guys, I've a question about maintenance funds, is it alright to send a letter from bank as a proof of maintenance fund? For your information I have copied a paragraph from Tier1 General Guidance at the end of this post. I am confused about one thing; do I have to include transactions for the last three months on this letter? I shall be very thankful for your replies.

The letter I got from my bank is on bank letter head and wordings are as below:

Dear Immigration Officer,

I hereby confirm that Mr XYZ has an account with us and details about his account are below:

Account name: Mr XYZ
Account Number: 123456678
Current balance: £1500 (30-01-09)

I also confirm that his credit balance has always been at least £800 for the last 3 months. (30-10-08 till 30-01-09)

Should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours faithfully,

ABC
Bank Manager

Addess …………..
Phone no. …………
Email: …………….

Abstract from Tier1 General Guidance:
203. Only the following specified documents will be accepted as evidence of this maintenance fund
:
iii) Letter from bank confirming funds and that they have been in the bank for at least three months:

The letter from a bank or building society should show:

• the applicant’s name;
• the account number;
• the date of the letter
• the financial institution’s name and logo
• the funds held in the applicant’s account
• that the funds of £2,800 or £800 have been in the bank for at least three months and the balance has always been at least £2,800 or £800, as appropriate.

We will not accept letters which show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that the applicant holds enough funds for the full period needed.