ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Naturalization - Required Documents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mendo

Certificate of Naturalization - Required Documents

Post by mendo » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi Guys,

On the approval letter for the Certificate of Naturalization, they are asking for:

- declaration form - Form 7
- postal order 950 Euro
- two photos
- GNIB card
- Original Travel Document (if applicable)

Does it mean that I have to send my passport in original (as this is my only travel document) ?
Did anyone sent the passport in original?
I am afraid to send my passport in case it gets lost between the two offices (Dublin and Tipperary).

Regards,

Mendo

Regards,

Mendo
________
DC MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:43 am

I didn't send mine, but I sent my GNIB card (as per request.
I think the travel document might be for asylum seeker.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:46 am

Mendo-I did not send my passport. I checked with a friend of mine who actually got the cert for naturalisation and the irish passport as well a couple of months back and he did not send his passport as well.
Just sent in the GNIB card in original along with the other documents and a covering letter. And make sure that you have photocopies of all the original docs that you are sending them.

Two questions for you:
1. In the letter I got they had asked me to send all the doc to the Dublin address in burgh Quay. Is it the same for you as well?
2. I suppose that once you send the GNIB card you can't travel outside Ireland since they check the GNIB card upon arrival. Is this correct?

Right now I am waiting for my cert of naturalisation as I sent in all my docs and the draft a week before Christmas.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:55 am

Strongbow, did you receive the confirmation letter once you have sent all letters?

nicepecsigot

Post by nicepecsigot » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:31 am

just like you guys am just waiting for my cert.i didnt have to send my passport.they did send me letter confirming they got all the docs i sent them

mendo

Post by mendo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:31 am

Hi Guys,

I am just back from the Civil Office (on East Essex Street, just at the back of Clarence Hotel) around fifteen people there for Naturalization.
You have to be there at 9:30 sharp and go to the 3rd floor to get the letter and the form stamped.
Then wait until 10:30 when the Court opens on the second floor (this morning it was Court 40) and wait when the judge calls your name to read a phrase from Form 7. Then the judge has to sign Form 7 and you are free.
By 10:45 you are out of there.

Talking to few people, it looks that the "Travel Document" doesn't refer to your original passport but to a document that an asylum seeker gets if his asylum application gets approved (Darkhorse, thank you very much, didn't know this).

Strongbow, yes you can't enter Ireland whitout the GNIB card, but I am sure that if you make a copy of Form 7 and you show them the approval letter stamped, the immigration officer should let you in.

Strongbow, the address is Dublin Burgh Quay 13/14, Citizenship Section (Approvals), to Mr. Vincent Casserly.

Guys, it looks that I should keep my approval letter and send only :
-Form 7,
-the postal order,
-two photos
-the GNIB card.

Regards,

Mendo
________
NEVADA DISPENSARY
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:38 am

Mendo, I kept my approval letter too, event though it has court stamp on it.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:57 am

@nicepecsigot - I never got any confirmation letter stating that they got the letter from me. I did check with An Post and they confirmed that they have delivered it as it was sent using registered post.
1. When did you post your letter and when did you get the letter of confirmation. I sent mine on Dec-18. Now obviously no work would have been done from the week of 22-Dec until Jan-5 due to the Christmas break etc but I never received anything. This has me worried now.
2. Did you send it to Dublin or to Tipperary.

@ mendo - The address you mentioned is the same address I had to send my documents to as well.

nicepecsigot

Post by nicepecsigot » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:18 pm

i registered post all documents to secretary general.department of justice and law reform.dundrum road tipperary town.co tipp.then i got response dating dec 12 and quote" I am directed by the minister of justice.equality and law reform to refer to your application for naturalisation.I acknowledge receipt of your correspondence dated 10/12/2008 and any document enclose.Please quote your reference number on all future correspondence with this office."
since i sent it before christmas i rang them week ago asking if how long would it take for cert to be send as my garda is expiring soon.The lady confirm receiving my docs and then told me all certs will be sent to Dublin first for signing and stamping then back to Tipp and then posted to all correspondence.Expect before end of Jan she said.
She just advised me to present the letter of naturalisation to the hospital in case they need proof:)

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:40 pm

okay based on your input I'm sending a letter to DoJ asking for a status update! I hope that it hasn't got "lost"!!

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:44 pm

Strongbow I sent mine around 2 weeks before christmas and have confirmation letter last Friday. If I was you I will wait until the end of this week. The confirmation letter is using normal post.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:55 pm

Darkhorse--I think you mean "acknowledgement" rather than "confirmation"? :)
Anyway thanks for the update.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:05 pm

strongbow wrote:Darkhorse--I think you mean "acknowledgement" rather than "confirmation"? :)
Anyway thanks for the update.
Yap that's right. acknowledgement. Mine was dated early last week, this mean even though I posted the letter 2 weeks before christmas, it was only open last week.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:45 pm

mendo wrote:Hi Guys,

I am just back from the Civil Office (on East Essex Street, just at the back of Clarence Hotel) around fifteen people there for Naturalization.
You have to be there at 9:30 sharp and go to the 3rd floor to get the letter and the form stamped.
Then wait until 10:30 when the Court opens on the second floor (this morning it was Court 40) and wait when the judge calls your name to read a phrase from Form 7. Then the judge has to sign Form 7 and you are free.
By 10:45 you are out of there.

Talking to few people, it looks that the "Travel Document" doesn't refer to your original passport but to a document that an asylum seeker gets if his asylum application gets approved (Darkhorse, thank you very much, didn't know this).

Strongbow, yes you can't enter Ireland whitout the GNIB card, but I am sure that if you make a copy of Form 7 and you show them the approval letter stamped, the immigration officer should let you in.

Strongbow, the address is Dublin Burgh Quay 13/14, Citizenship Section (Approvals), to Mr. Vincent Casserly.

Guys, it looks that I should keep my approval letter and send only :
-Form 7,
-the postal order,
-two photos
-the GNIB card.

Regards,

Mendo
Hi Mendo

Did you just showed up in the court house without making appointment? or you are the batch of people that has the special setup of oath in court house in December last year because of the backlogs of court house appointment?

Thx

mendo

Post by mendo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:46 pm

I rang them before, but I should have been part of the batch for the 10th of December.

I the letter I've got last November they are mentioning that all the appointments for 2009, in the Civil Court will be canceled and people should attend the 10th or the 17th of December, instead.

Regards,

Mendo
________
LAMBORGHINI DIABLO GT
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greentea

Post by greentea » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:13 pm

Darkhorse wrote:Strongbow I sent mine around 2 weeks before christmas and have confirmation letter last Friday. If I was you I will wait until the end of this week. The confirmation letter is using normal post.
Same here, I sent out everything 17th December to Dublin DOJ. And received a confirmation letter today, it says that they received correspondances on 13th Jan 09! a month later
also the wording is just like the ones sent to the people who applied naturalisaion rather than the people who have already got approval and taken oath. Does your letter sound same.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:15 am

Yes mine is the same.

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:16 am

Lost Soul
Lost Soul wrote:After applying in June 2006 I finally received my Certificate of Naturalisation yesterday. It is an A4 laminated certificate fairly presentable but two points stick out:

1) The INIS are too budget conscious to use decent envelopes so the postman folded it in half.

2) The certificate is completely in Irish, I can't read a word and and none of the 14 Irish people in my office can translate it. I'm working on the translation now.

At least the long wait is over and I can apply for a passport. You have to send original birth and marriage certificates by post with your passport application, hopefully they don't manage to lose them.
It will be interested to find out what the translation means.

Once you have it translated, can you kindly let us know.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:12 pm

Same here, I sent out everything 17th December to Dublin DOJ. And received a confirmation letter today, it says that they received correspondances on 13th Jan 09! a month later
also the wording is just like the ones sent to the people who applied naturalisaion rather than the people who have already got approval and taken oath. Does your letter sound same.
I sent my letter on Dec-17 as well but haven't received anything till yest evening.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:50 pm

Has anyone here who took the oath in december and submitted the relevant documents back to DoJ got the certificate of naturalisation yet??

greentea

Post by greentea » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:43 pm

i received certificate of naturalisation on 20th Jan09 by registered post.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:52 am

got mine today as well :)

mendo

Post by mendo » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:24 am

I sent out everything on the 15 of January to Dublin DOJ.

I received a confirmation letter the other day 30th of January, it says that they received my letter and the enclosed documents on the 15th January 2009.

The thing is that the post office gave me two postal orders one for 450 euro and one for 500 euro (they don't issue POs for 950 euro).
Also the name on the PO got screwd because tha man typing the order didn't have enough space for all the words.

Regards,

Mendo
________
Gm foods
Last edited by mendo on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

mendo

Post by mendo » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:29 am

Lost Soul wrote:
After applying in June 2006 I finally received my Certificate of Naturalisation yesterday. It is an A4 laminated certificate fairly presentable but two points stick out:

1) The INIS are too budget conscious to use decent envelopes so the postman folded it in half.

2) The certificate is completely in Irish, I can't read a word and and none of the 14 Irish people in my office can translate it. I'm working on the translation now.

At least the long wait is over and I can apply for a passport. You have to send original birth and marriage certificates by post with your passport application, hopefully they don't manage to lose them.

From LuasPasenger

I wanted to comment re point (2): You can request INIS to issue a copy of the Certificate of Naturalisatin in English. Please see Parliamentary Question 619 from 27 Jan 2009:

Quote:

A copy of the certificate of naturalisation is available in English from the Citizenship Division of my Department on request.

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/DDebate.as ... 85&Page=48

Good luck,

LP

If I get the certificate in Irish I might ask for the English version, this might save me the money to translate it later.

Regards,

Mendo
________
Payment protection insurance forums
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:18 am

who knows how long it will take to issue an English version..At times they themselves don't know the rules!!