ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for residency in a different country

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ci07jjs

applying for residency in a different country

Post by ci07jjs » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:16 am

Hi,

Does anyone know if applying for residentship in a different country (NZ) affects applying for a residentship in the UK?

Many thanks

joelondon
Member of Standing

Re: applying for residency in a different country

Post by joelondon » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:39 pm

ci07jjs wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know if applying for residentship in a different country (NZ) affects applying for a residentship in the UK?

Many thanks

hi there

can you provide the countrys that u want to get the residency from ? more details ...and we can answer your question ..

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:23 pm

Its newzealand. thanks

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:26 pm

ci07jjs wrote:Its newzealand. thanks
thats fine as newzeland is not a eu country ..what is you nationality ?

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:51 pm

joelondon wrote:
I dont see the rationale. If you can be dual citizen of 2 eu countries, what prevents you from having dual residency??
Further as the UK, likes to opt out of stuff, perhaps there is no conflict as you seem to suggest by your answer.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:03 pm

republique wrote:
joelondon wrote:
I dont see the rationale. If you can be dual citizen of 2 eu countries, what prevents you from having dual residency??
Further as the UK, likes to opt out of stuff, perhaps there is no conflict as you seem to suggest by your answer.

i believe the problem will be at the checking or police passport control on airport ...i know that from my point of view leaving UK is not a probleme ...but leaving the country where you have a resident card to go to Uk i believe there will be a probleme and ...not sure about this if you can confirm it republique ?

for exsample you are resident in the uk and resident in any other |EU state ...how can you explain to the police passport control that you are resident in both countrys ...and i dont know the answer lol

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:11 pm

joelondon wrote:
republique wrote:
joelondon wrote:

i believe the problem will be at the checking or police passport control on airport ...i know that from my point of view leaving UK is not a probleme ...but leaving the country where you have a resident card to go to Uk i believe there will be a probleme and ...not sure about this if you can confirm it republique ?

for exsample you are resident in the uk and resident in any other |EU state ...how can you explain to the police passport control that you are resident in both countrys ...and i dont know the answer lol
I dont see what you have to explain.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:14 pm

republique wrote:
joelondon wrote:
republique wrote:
joelondon wrote:

well what would u say to the police passport control when boarding the train if he ask you which country are you resident in ? they may ask you to choose no ?????? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:21 pm

joelondon wrote:
republique wrote:
joelondon wrote:
republique wrote: I dont see the rationale. If you can be dual citizen of 2 eu countries, what prevents you from having dual residency??

well what would u say to the police passport control when boarding the train if he ask you which country are you resident in ? they may ask you to choose no ?????? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
I am not getting involved in this discussion again
You asked this question a long time ago so nice try trying to reinvent it.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:23 pm

republique wrote:
joelondon wrote:
republique wrote:
joelondon wrote:

hehe republique ...double check the topic first and then let me know ...m just trying to pass the informatio that i already have to the ci07...thats all ...
and by the way have you had breakfast ? or may be you need lunch ...enjoy it :P :!: :!: :!: :!:

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:27 pm

joelondon wrote:
republique wrote:
joelondon wrote:
republique wrote: I dont see what you have to explain.

hehe republique ...double check the topic first and then let me know ...m just trying to pass the informatio that i already have to the ci07...thats all ...
and by the way have you had breakfast ? or may be you need lunch ...enjoy it :P :!: :!: :!: :!:
As I caught you out, I'd say I had you for lunch. I dont need to double check anything as you are the one with the questions. Passing on info? You can't pass on what you don't know.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:30 pm

republique wrote:
joelondon wrote:
republique wrote:
joelondon wrote:

As I caught you out, I'd say I had you for lunch. I dont need to double check anything as you are the one with the questions. Passing on info? You can't pass on what you don't know.

SWEETTTTTTTTTT REPUBLIQUE :)