ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ielts exam query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

freak3out
Newly Registered

ielts exam query

Post by freak3out » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:07 pm

jus wanted 2 kno dat m getting married in a couple of months.my wife wud b cumin as a dependent to uk.i need 2 apply 4 her visa..she is physiotherapy student n wants 2 pursue her post grad in uk..will it b possible to study n work on dependent visa??if yes den shud she give d ielts exam before cuming to uk..

if she appears for ielts den which option shud she go for-academic or general training??
can i work on dependent visa??

ireallywish09

Study..

Post by ireallywish09 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi,

She cannot study in UK on a TIER 1 dependent VISA. She will need a student VISA for that. But she can work. Anyone can work on a TIER 1 dependent VISA.
So now the question of giving IELTS or not does not make sense. But in any other case, 'General Training' exam has to be given for VISA purpose.

Pierrot95

Re: Study..

Post by Pierrot95 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:30 pm

ireallywish09 wrote:Hi,

She cannot study in UK on a TIER 1 dependent VISA. She will need a student VISA for that. But she can work. Anyone can work on a TIER 1 dependent VISA.
I think the only restriction on dependant visa is the recourse to public funds. You should be allow to study if you pay international student fees, but I can't find any reference to support this.

nksg

Re: Study..

Post by nksg » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:42 pm

Do you know for sure that "She cannot study in UK on a TIER 1 dependent VISA"? i know 2 people who completed masters successfully while on HSMP dependent and are working .. even myself completed my masters degree (Part time) while on HSMP..
ireallywish09 wrote:Hi,

So now the question of giving IELTS or not does not make sense. But in any other case, 'General Training' exam has to be given for VISA purpose.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: ielts exam query

Post by T_mahmood » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:59 pm

She can study in the UK if she is your dependent but she would be considered international student.

freak3out wrote:jus wanted 2 kno dat m getting married in a couple of months.my wife wud b cumin as a dependent to uk.i need 2 apply 4 her visa..she is physiotherapy student n wants 2 pursue her post grad in uk..will it b possible to study n work on dependent visa??if yes den shud she give d ielts exam before cuming to uk..

if she appears for ielts den which option shud she go for-academic or general training??
can i work on dependent visa??
Thinking low is crime....