ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Caught by a speed camera before making Tier 1 application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

noahsark
Newly Registered

Caught by a speed camera before making Tier 1 application

Post by noahsark » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi all,

I was caught by a speed camera last week but I haven't received any notice yet. In the meantime, I am about to submit my tier 1 application.

I have read a lot of posts in this forum discussing whether over speed is a traffic offence or not. But in my case, I am wondering if I send the application before I receive the panelty ticket, should I leave the criminal offence section blank?

Will there be any bad consequnces that HO will refuse my application because of that?

Many thanks,

Regards,
Ray

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: Caught by a speed camera before making Tier 1 applicatio

Post by T_mahmood » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:03 pm

I would suggest that if you haven't received the notice yet, send the application without declaring it. Technically, your offence has not beed recoreded yet. But if you get that notice before that, then you might declare it.

noahsark wrote:Hi all,

I was caught by a speed camera last week but I haven't received any notice yet. In the meantime, I am about to submit my tier 1 application.

I have read a lot of posts in this forum discussing whether over speed is a traffic offence or not. But in my case, I am wondering if I send the application before I receive the panelty ticket, should I leave the criminal offence section blank?

Will there be any bad consequnces that HO will refuse my application because of that?

Many thanks,

Regards,
Ray
Thinking low is crime....

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:11 pm

Many thanks,

Regards,
Ray
what makes u think u have been caught by a speed camera? flash?
i know speed camera flashed for my friend but neva got any letter... probably there was no film remaining...

so i think unless u have a letter u shudnt even thinking of declaring anything like that...

ALee_80

Post by ALee_80 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:35 pm

abhijack wrote:

Many thanks,

Regards,
Ray
what makes u think u have been caught by a speed camera? flash?
i know speed camera flashed for my friend but neva got any letter... probably there was no film remaining...

so i think unless u have a letter u shudnt even thinking of declaring anything like that...
Abhijack,

A large number of speed cameras are not functional and are just there to act as deterrents. However, if the camera is active, it can take from a week to upto 6 months for that dreadful letter to arrive in the post.

Ray,
Since you haven't received the letter, therefore legally you haven't committed an offence, YET. I would suggest you go ahead and sumbit your Tier1 application.

Good luck.
When you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:12 pm

A large number of speed cameras are not functional and are just there to act as deterrents. However, if the camera is active, it can take from a week to upto 6 months for that dreadful letter to arrive in the post.
This is not true. The letter that is being mentioned above is called as NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution) and if the recipient does not receive it within 15 working days from the date when the offence was committed, then by law that NIP ibecomes invalid.

Visit DVLA site to get more information on the above.

ALee_80

Post by ALee_80 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:39 pm

dnicky wrote:
This is not true. The letter that is being mentioned above is called as NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution) and if the recipient does not receive it within 15 working days from the date when the offence was committed, then by law that NIP ibecomes invalid.

Visit DVLA site to get more information on the above.
I stand corrected, but only for the second part:
However, if the camera is active, it can take from a week to upto 6 months for that dreadful letter to arrive in the post.
When you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack

noahsark
Newly Registered

Post by noahsark » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:36 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies.

dnicky: Do you mean the NIP has to come within 15 working days?

I have talked with my friends and they said that I will probably be given a chance to go the the speed awareness course as it is my first time over speeding. If I accept that, no point will be deducted from my license. Should this be treated as traffic offense as well?

If that is the case, should I declare it in the other application forms in the future (e.g. ILR)?

Ray

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:00 pm

just dont bother and no need to declare.

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:00 am

dnicky: Do you mean the NIP has to come within 15 working days?
Yes, that's true.