ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGent hepl Quick response required please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tahire
Newly Registered

URGent hepl Quick response required please

Post by tahire » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:36 am

Hi people im gona submit my wifes visa in a couple of days from pakistan im british. i wanted to know when i show photocopies of the pages of my passport will i need these certified etc signed by a councillor, police officer, solicitor or something or can i just include the copies of the passport. i read here somewhere that they need to be certified. Couldnt immigration just check my passport number etc to find out its genuine ..Also if they need to be certified what exactly does the notary have to write. thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:05 pm

Need to be certified.

oldmantom
Newly Registered

Post by oldmantom » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:15 pm

For my wife's application my accountant photocopied the page of my passport with the photo on it. He had a stamp with something like "I ________ certify that this is a genuine copy" which he stamped on the photocopy (in the white space around the copy, NOT over what was copied), then he signed it on the line. He also stamped it with the name of his company and its' address/contact info.

scorpiolady
United Kingdom

Post by scorpiolady » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:42 pm

You will have to provide a certified copy of your passport or they will not accept it. If you just provide a photocopy there is no way they can verify it is a genuine copy and will refuse you.

My solicitor colour copied every page of my passport including front and back covers and signed each page with 'I certify this is a true copy of ..... passport' and then dated it and stamped it with the company stamp.
Scorpiolady