ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I Bypass My Agent ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dsd
Newly Registered

Can I Bypass My Agent ?

Post by dsd » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:46 am

Dear Moderator & Friends , I need your guidance on above mentioned subject .
I applied for hsmp through agent . My application was received on 30 march . I asked my agent several time for reference no but they replied we send email to hsmp team & waiting for their reply . After getting advice & email addresses from this board I directly send mail to hsmp team & asked them for reference no ------they replied me immidiately & informed me reference no also . Due to this experience I am at conclusion that my agent is useless . As My application was received on 30 march , reference no was allocated on 14th april but till date no decision made as per hsmp team my case didnt hand over to any case worker . I WANT TO SEND MAIL TO HSMP TEAM & TO REQUEST THEM TO STUDY MY FILE & TAKE DECISION SOON ----------- My question is -- Can I request like this ? Can I do it directly or I have to go through agent only ?as I applied through agent .
Please reply me in detail . Thanks in advance

Impact
Newly Registered

Post by Impact » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:01 pm

I think you have answered your own question. If your agent is useless are you still going to leave your life and career in their hands? At the end of the day you have already paid them to prepare the application, so they can not do anything to you, you have to start taking charge now.

Boom05

Post by Boom05 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:30 am

Dont do it, even your approval letter will be addressed to your agent not to you directly. Just be calm.
Its easy to follow the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone !

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:17 am

read the terms and conditions from your agent... they add a clause that you should not contact the HO office directly or you will loose your fees

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:10 pm

If you are having concerns about your agent:

Notify them and the HSMP Team in writing that they are to no longer represent you effective a specific date and that all correspondence comes to you. There may or may not be applicable penalty charges vis a vis the contract you signed with the agent.

rckybhardwaj

Post by rckybhardwaj » Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:18 pm

Dear dsd,
It seems that your agent has just prepared your file for hsmp.
After that enquiring about the reference number, you only have done that.
Well dsd after getting the approval, your agent will also prepare for your entry clearance application in the british embassy.
If you quit now or say to HO to send your papers directly to you you have to prepare for your EC.
If that is allright for you, you can do so.

dsd
Newly Registered

Post by dsd » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:49 pm

Thanks Kayalami , Impact , Boom05, Olisun,rckybhardwaj for your advice .

I will go with agent only as I dont have that much time & capacity to prepare my case & face any adverse situation .
Thanks again all of you for valuable advice .
HI TO ALL MEMBERS , Please share your views on this matter .

rckybhardwaj

Post by rckybhardwaj » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:33 pm

dear dsd,
since your agent has made hsmp application for you, then let him do all the case work.
Also he shall be filing your papers for EC and they are more experienced in getting you the visa stamped. As i have read some people getting their hsmp approval and getting rejected in EC, because of incorrect paper work.
You will recover your money soon, when you arrive here and get a job.