ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Clearance - Tier 1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jagberg
Newly Registered

Post by jagberg » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:28 pm

Im from South Africa. I initially came to the UK in Jan 2006 on a Working Holiday Visa (WHV). I then received my HSMP Mar 2007 and am appyling for an extension. Im unsure of what to put in section D. Immigration History. Specifically:

D1. Did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before entering the United Kingdom? - Do I tick yes even though this isnt the last visa I have? Do I use my WHV for this? My HSMP visa is just a Residence Permit.

D3. What date was the entry clearance or visa issued? - On my WHV visa it doesnt state this. It only has valid from & until. I didnt receive a letter either with this information. What should I put here?

D4. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicants passport or travel document. - Theres a VAF number as well as a number in red in the top right corner. Which number should be used?

Thanks for any help.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Entry Clearance - Tier 1 Extension

Post by push » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:30 pm

jagberg wrote:Im from South Africa. I initially came to the UK in Jan 2006 on a Working Holiday Visa (WHV). I then received my HSMP Mar 2007 and am appyling for an extension. Im unsure of what to put in section D. Immigration History. Specifically:

D1. Did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before entering the United Kingdom? - Do I tick yes even though this isnt the last visa I have? Do I use my WHV for this? My HSMP visa is just a Residence Permit.

D3. What date was the entry clearance or visa issued? - On my WHV visa it doesnt state this. It only has valid from & until. I didnt receive a letter either with this information. What should I put here?

D4. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicants passport or travel document. - Theres a VAF number as well as a number in red in the top right corner. Which number should be used?

Thanks for any help.
These pertain to your HSMP VISA
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

jagberg
Newly Registered

Post by jagberg » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:12 pm

Thanks for your quick reply. My passport only contains a residence permit and my working holiday visa which says entry clearance at the top. If I do use my Residence Permit what reference number should I use?

nakvis

Post by nakvis » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:18 am

See, under Entry Clearance Number, you must enter the Initial Entry Clearnace Details (City, Country, Date etc) which you got it before coming to UK for the first time (of current stay).

Under Work Permit number, you must write the HSMP Work permit number. You might have received a letter when you applier for FLR(HSMP) which will have your work permit number. This is normally in the format of "HSMP(hsmp ref number). You must enter that under Work Permit Number.

jagberg
Newly Registered

Post by jagberg » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:43 am

Thanks for your replies. I called the Home Office twice and both people said I should put my Working Holiday Visa details here. For the reference number my visa it has 2 numbers. There is a red number in the top right corner which starts with 004, the number isnt that long. There is also a VAF number. Do you know which one I should use (The HO didnt know)? Would it be a problem if I put both but one of the numbers wouldnt be in the blocks on the application form?

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:32 pm

i had a similar situation. u have to put ur WHM details. and the date of issue of WHm, u can out the start date

jagberg
Newly Registered

Post by jagberg » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks, it makes me feel a lot more confortable. What did you use as the reference number?

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:50 pm

Entry Clearence is not Furthur Leave to Remain. You should write down the country from where you got your first Visa (in your case WHV). The issue date should be blank, as if Case worker wants to see, he/she would have your passport.

In my case of extention, I wrote the details of my student visa which I got very first time to enter in the UK.
Thinking low is crime....