ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

One Year Schengan Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

polILR
Newly Registered

One Year Schengan Visa

Post by polILR » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:41 pm

Hi there I have ILR so waiting one more year before i apply for my UK passport. So want to get a one year Schengan Visa so i dont have to do it again and again.
What country should I ask for this and how should I ask. What are the main factors that they might look at . Travel insurance ?

Any tips. I don't mind what country I go to first.

I have had about 5 visas before in the past 5 years .
I CANT wait to get my UK passport
currently i have a RSA passport - A GREEN THING! :(

Last French S i had was 6months so sure I can get a 6 again easy but wonder how i could go for a 1 year as some people have that.
Last edited by polILR on Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:08 am

First one is most likely a short term single entry Im afraid. U never know tho!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: One Year Schengan Visa

Post by Plum70 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:26 pm

Last French S i had was 6months so sure I can get a 6 again easy but wonder how i could go for a 1 year as some people have that.
The validity of the visa is at the discretion of the visa officer and takes into account your travel history to the schengen zone, compliance with the rules associated with: the visa category, entry, exit, length of stay and so on...

If the French gave you a MULT entry 6 month visa the last time then i'd say go to them again. You might get better.

isceon

Post by isceon » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:39 pm

The french will give 1 year if u ask for it.
First time I had 6 month then 1 year but u cannot stay more than 90 days at once.(if u have not overstayed )
Good luck

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:22 pm

Surely Isceon it's not as simple as just asking for it!
First time I had 6 month then 1 year but u cannot stay more than 90 days at once.(if u have not overstayed )
Did you justify your request for a 1 year multiple entry stamp at the time of your interview?

isceon

Post by isceon » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:26 pm

Plum70 wrote:
Surely Isceon it's not as simple as just asking for it!
Yes it is if u are an EEA family member
Did you justify your request for a 1 year multiple entry stamp at the time of your interview?
Yes I visit france very often with my spouse .and I have family over ther as well.

polILR
Newly Registered

update

Post by polILR » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:17 pm

Thanks for the info and tips. I think France might be a good option again.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:01 am

Yes I visit france very often with my spouse .and I have family over ther as well.
Encouraging! As the spouse of a Swiss national I guess i'll be asking the French for a 1 year schengen visa when next I apply!

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:18 pm

My husband has had seven schengen visas issued in the past 18 months, two of which were issued once he had ILR and even though we ask nicely, we never get one for longer than a month.

charles4u
Member of Standing

Post by charles4u » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:00 am

Brit Chick wrote:My husband has had seven schengen visas issued in the past 18 months, two of which were issued once he had ILR and even though we ask nicely, we never get one for longer than a month.
Some people said this immigration or consul officers act according to their moods..LOL

Sometimes they wont even ask questions...
Charles4u