ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Age

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrsi

Marriage Age

Post by mrsi » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:39 pm

Hello guys i want to know what is the minimum age for marriage that is allowed to apply for the visa i know it was 18 but isit still 18 i heard they changed it person has to be 22 or 21 sumthing for applyin a visa to UK kindly let me know is there anything like that as my cousin is nearly 18 n the guy is in pak n hes 21 but they r unsure if they can apply for visa if they get married now as they raised age rule for marriage is that true ?

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:00 pm

I believe it has been increased to 21 now, but am not 100% certain on this.

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:45 pm

I'm sure you can get married at 18 but in order to apply for a spouse visa to come to the UK, you both need to be 21!

read the following article -
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... aagetorise

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:47 am

ciaramc wrote:I'm sure you can get married at 18 but in order to apply for a spouse visa to come to the UK, you both need to be 21!

read the following article -
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... aagetorise
Ah! I knew I'd seen "21" somewhere in relation to marriage! Apologies to the OP for my (partially)_ incorrect advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:51 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.