ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hsbc statement problem

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ertis
Newly Registered

hsbc statement problem

Post by ertis » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:19 pm

Hi all,
I need to make my application today or tomorrow.
The bank was soppesed to send me my statement (basic account) on the 19th but it didn't arrive yet. I requested a new one on the 27th but that didn't arrive also.
They gave me an online statement on headed paper (no stamps or signs and without letter, because they do not give those) for the last 3 months but There may be some problems on it (I have some doubts that it wasn't printed correctly)

My question is, is it possible to send the statement as supporting document after it arrives? How can I do this?

Some other questions I have:

There is a worker reference number section in the form. How can I learn it? Is it enough to ask to my employer? I"m working part time with a student visa.

I got a masters degree from a top-tier university. Do I need to send them any proof that it is a recognised body? (Other than the diploma, letter and the transcript)

I would appreciate a lot if anybody can help before tomorrow.
Thanks

ertis
Newly Registered

Post by ertis » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:02 am

As I said this is urgent.

At least please just tell me if it is OK to send the original statement after the application.

Thanks

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:22 pm

you should send the original bank statement with the application. U cannot send it afterwards cuz they dont accept it.

ask the bank with some proof like take the application guidelines with you and show them that u need the original stamp and a cover letter. they should do it cuz they are here to serve u.

ppl have already got their stuff stamped with banks u should put some pressure on your bank....

cheers

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:24 pm

you should send the letter from your university aswell.. it is really important. read the guidelines in ukba website everything is there...

ertis
Newly Registered

Post by ertis » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:47 pm

Thanks for the replies.
I had to send the application on the 31st.
As I said they said that it is their policy to not to stamp, sign or write letters. 2 different branches said the same thing. The officer told me that people apply with those documents and they don't have problems but I don't really beleive him.
Today I received the statement that they were sopposed to send 2 weeks ago.
Is there anything that I can do? They didn't cut the application fee from my account yet.

LSE_ABD
Newly Registered

Post by LSE_ABD » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:20 pm

I had a horrible time with HSBC. The most annoying experience ever.
I asked 4 different branches for a written letter, but I was only able to get printed statements from them. I tried calling and asking for a letter to be written however the language barrier between myself and various Indian call center workers made it impossible to get a correct letter written.
Luckily I found another HSBC number for a call center located in the UK. I asked for a letter to be written, which was no problem for them to write. I was ecstatic! I waited 5 days and the letter came in the mail. It looked perfect, everything I needed it to say. However there was one large problem.. It had somebody else's account number and sort code on it!
I called HSBC back to see what could get sorted. The call center worker made the correct changes and put the letter in the system so somebody at the branch could print it out for me. I went to a HSBC branch, got it printed out but the wrong account number and sort code was still on the letter. Nobody in behalf of HSBC really cared that I had somebody else's acct number and sort code which really shows me lack of professionalism and breach in account privacy.
I decided to head on over to a larger HSBC branch, which happens to be next door to the Home Office location in Croydon, and asked for the letter to be re-written. However due to "lack of facilities" they couldn't re-write the letter then and there. Luckily I had one extra day before my student visa expired so I was able to come back the next day to pick up the correct letter.
I had to sit the HSBC worker down and guide them through the changes, almost like I was holding their hand. I've never had such bad customer service from a bank ever.

If anybody is having trouble getting a letter written by HSBC, ask for the number of the UK call center and ask them for it. Do realize that they are practically idiots and it is necessary to have them confirm the details of the letter multiple times. Keep at it because anything is possible if you keep asking.

Tra8erse
Newly Registered

Post by Tra8erse » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:04 pm

To all those who are having a hard time with HSBC I want to say - don't worry! The ad hoc statements printed out in the branch (don't use the machine, ask a staff member to do it for you) are perfectly fine. I received my PSW on the basis of these statements, one of which was not even a regular statement, but a provisional one, and it was ok for the HO.

Just make sure there is a coloured red logo, your full name, account no. and sort code there - as well as the right balance AT ALL TIMES, and this should do.

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:12 pm

Make sure the statement they print out for you in branch is stamped!! Otherwise it will definitely not be accepted.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

Tra8erse
Newly Registered

Post by Tra8erse » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:34 pm

@dahokolomoki

HSBC don't stamp statements which they print out for you in the branch. Mine were not stamped and HO did not seem to mind.

The guidance on HO's own website says as much:

Accounts held with other banks

If you have a bank account that does not operate exclusively online but you receive your bank statements electronically and you wish to use these statements as evidence of funds for maintenance, you should provide:

* electronic bank statements printed at the bank on their official stationary; or
* electronic statements printed by the applicant and bearing the official stamp of the bank in question. This stamp should appear on every page of the statements; or
* a supporting letter from the bank, on the banks company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements.

All evidence must meet the requirements listed in the policy guidance which you can download from the right side of this page. Mini-statements from cash points are not acceptable as evidence.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/

waseemh115
Newly Registered

Post by waseemh115 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:30 pm

Hello All
i just want to add some points to it . Banks are really cool with providing all the docs u need .
It is always better to go in advance and take the printout of the guidance by home office.
there is no problem to get anything what u need from them if you are managing proper balance.
i called Llyods and they said they dont have any issues in issuing letter and statements