ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizen trying to bring non-EU mother to live in IE

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Uladz
Newly Registered

Irish citizen trying to bring non-EU mother to live in IE

Post by Uladz » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:19 am

Hi all,

I am a former citizen from Belarus. In August 2008 I have successfully received IE naturalization, and has become Irish citizen.
I am not exploring the ways of how to bring my mother to live with me in Ireland.
My situation: Irish citizen, home owner, stable 45k income, married to Irish citizen too on 45k income also.
Mother's situation: 65 years old, not working - retired now; state pension back home is very low, has no other children (only me); is very lonely and needs for help in a daily life.

The question I have is this:
- what legislation can I use to apply to DOJ to bring my mom here on a permanent basis?
- can I use EU1 route? I am guessing that is will not be allowed under this scheme?
- Anything else?

I feel a bit lost now, and my heart hearts that I am so far not able to bring my mom over to live with me so I can take care of her.

Please advise when you get a chance.

Thanks,
Uladz

zafarzafar
BANNED

hi

Post by zafarzafar » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:17 pm

Yes u have right to bring your mother on a permanent bases because she have no body to look after and you are in financila stable condition and Irish citizen.
I dont know really what form you should use to bring your mother but definately noy EU1 because its for EU spouses.
I think you need to fill out dependents form,,,,,,You can call to DOJ for help or contact a solicitor who can present your case.
Definately look after your mother, you can get every thing in your life but not your mum again once she leave you....This is the tiem for you to help her and she need u.
Good Luck Sir
arsalan

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:23 am

As your mother is a visa required national, she will need a visa to enter Ireland. So the first step would be contacting the visa section at DOJ. If your mother gets D reside type visa as your dependent, she will be able to reside with you in Ireland. If she gets only C visit visa, she will be allowed to stay only 3 months and then will have to leave. C visit visas are not extendable.
I believe currently there is no legislation in relation to dependant parents/relatived of naturalised/born irish nationals.
The best way would be to make a strong case for D type reside visa. But contact visa section and they will be able to answer any questions that you have.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:51 pm

Are either you or your wife also citizens of another EU country?

Uladz
Newly Registered

Post by Uladz » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:54 pm

No, neither of us have a citizenship of another EU country. We used to have a Belarus citizenship while now we have an IE one.
Does is change the things in any way?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:57 pm

If you had another EU citizenship, then there would be some additional options.

Uladz
Newly Registered

Post by Uladz » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:26 pm

One clarification here please: so the fact that both of us have only IE citizenship - does it still mean that we CAN use EU1 route.
Correct?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:22 pm

You cannot apply under EU treaty rights in your own country. So irish people cannot avail of EU treaty rights in ireland, only in any other EU country.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:26 pm

agniukas wrote:You cannot apply under EU treaty rights in your own country. So irish people cannot avail of EU treaty rights in ireland, only in any other EU country.
Well, they can provided that they had exercised their treaty rights in another member state before, see Surinder Singh ruling.