ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Home Office always send ack.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanyam
Newly Registered

Does Home Office always send ack.

Post by sanyam » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:38 am

Hi,
I sent HSMP application in mid may. My debit card could not be debited for fees hence HSMP team returned my whole application. Anyways I sent the application with cheque again which reached there on 2nd June. Payment also got cleared on 7th June as per my bank. But I did not recieve any acknowledgement from Home Office. I mailed them and they told me that they can track the application only after 14 days of clearance of payment.
Got in a fix. Want to know from you people that does Home Office always send the acknowledgement or there are some cases when they dont.

Kotiara

Re: Does Home Office always send ack.

Post by Kotiara » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:46 am

I got my acknowledgement on the next day after my card had been charged. I think it depends a lot on the person who handles your case. As everywhere else, there are good bad employees working for the HO.

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:51 am

Dear Sanyam

Yes, i think they are right and even in Kotiara's case, it was a payment made by CC. In cas eof cheques and DDs, they take nearly 8-10 days at elast to clear the payment. ANother thing, their payment charging team sits at a different place then the HSMP team. SO the payment team will do all the formalities of getting ur fees, and then sometimes they take a week also to send the applciation back to HO.

You can enquire about your payment clearance at Charging.Workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, they'll give u a reference No. for your payment transaction.

THen u can write to HSMP.Workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk regarding yoru status.

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:45 pm

I received my acknowledge a few days after receiving my reference number. Still waiting for a decision...