ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Child Born in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Parry08
Newly Registered

Dependent Child Born in UK

Post by Parry08 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:31 am

Hi,

I have 3 years old daughter. She is Born in UK. After her birth, I stamped her passport with UK visa. So next time she entered UK, she had a valid Visa.

Keeping this background in mind what should I answer this question?

D1. Did the dependant obtain entry clearance or a visa before entering the United Kingdom?
Yes OR NO

D4. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the dependant’s passport or travel document.

Is this the number, we found on top right hand corner of passport page where UK visa is stamped ?

Parry

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:09 pm

D1. Did the dependant obtain entry clearance or a visa before entering the United Kingdom?
Yes OR NO
I will keep it blank and explain that in cover letter.
Any other answer/experience, appreciated.
D4. Please enter the reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the dependant’s passport or travel document.

Is this the number, we found on top right hand corner of passport page where UK visa is stamped ?
I think so, the one in red letters.

antony

Post by antony » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:12 pm

Hi,

My case is similar. I will be applying for Extension under Tier(1)G in April'2009. I have my daughter born in the UK on oct'2008. I have not stamped UK visa in my daughter's passport.(I checked with homeoffice and they replied through auto-response if the query is for child born in UK then "If you will be making an application for further leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain and do not intend to travel before you do so, you can include the baby as your dependant at that time. However please note, if you travel outside the UK before your baby obtains leave to remain, you will need to obtain Entry Clearance for the baby before you return to the UK."

I have gone through the appln form and it seems i need to fill all the sections.

Can someone throw light on the following sections in dependant app form?
Section 2
C. passport and travel documents (page 11)
C1. Under what nationality the dependant enter the UK?

C2. Does the dependant hold additional nationalities?
(my daughter was born in UK and i have received her Indian passport)

C6. Provide the details of the dependant's current passport?
(Is it sufficient to enter the passport details of my daughter)

D. Immigration History (this is the critical part i need to fill in my appln)
D1. Did the dependant obtain entry clearance or visa before entering the UK?
Yes / No
Depending on the response to the question D1, I need to fill the remaining questions from D2 till D29.

your help will be of great use for me.

Many Thanks,
Antony

krishnaa1978
Newly Registered

Re: Dependent Child Born in UK

Post by krishnaa1978 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:35 pm

Parry08 wrote:Hi,

I have 3 years old daughter. She is Born in UK. After her birth, I stamped her passport with UK visa. So next time she entered UK, she had a valid Visa.

Yes OR NO

Parry
Hi Parry

Did you get any clarity on the same. i.e. regarding if child is born in UK what to fill in those sections ??

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:55 pm

Just put N/A where appropriate.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

antony

Re : Dependent Child Born in UK

Post by antony » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:39 pm

Hi VInny,

If I include N/A, will it suffice the problem.

Where to mention the child's immigration status?
i) Can i mention it in the primary applicants cover letter? OR
DO i need to keep a separate letter for the new born child?

Please advice.
If the opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:29 am

Perhaps putting "N/A - born in UK (Immigration rules 304-309)" where appropriate, should be sufficient.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Parry08
Newly Registered

Re: Dependent Child Born in UK

Post by Parry08 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:03 pm

krishnaa1978 wrote:
Parry08 wrote:Hi,

Yes OR NO

Parry: I put YES in my application. I got my daugher's visa stamped before I leave UK. So next time she entered UK, she had a valid visa.

Is this the number, we found on top right hand corner of passport page where UK visa is stamped ?>

Parry: Yes, I mentioned that number in the application.
Parry
Hi Parry

Did you get any clarity on the same. i.e. regarding if child is born in UK what to fill in those sections ??[/quote

Parry: Please find my answer above.

antony

Post by antony » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:13 am

vinny wrote:Perhaps putting "N/A - born in UK (Immigration rules 304-309)" where appropriate, should be sufficient.
Vinny,

Many thanks for the info. I will go through the immigration rules and apply N/A whereever possible.

antony

Post by antony » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi,

I have gone through the Immigration Rules.

But I need to fill the application for the section D.
As the Question in D1 is Yes / No, it is really tricky to fill the remaining questions.

Yes / No
Depending on the response to the question D1, I need to fill the remaining questions from D2 till D29.

If anyone have the similar problem, please share your thoughts.
Experts please share your views and the response what i need to fill in the Dependant application form for my new born child.

antony

Post by antony » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:14 pm

antony wrote:Hi,

I have gone through the Immigration Rules.

But I need to fill the application for the section D.
As the Question in D1 is Yes / No, it is really tricky to fill the remaining questions.

Yes / No

If anyone have the similar problem, please share your thoughts.
Experts please share your views and the response what i need to fill in the Dependant application form for my new born child.
Can somebody throw light from the dependant application on the above questions please?

antony

Post by antony » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:53 pm

Dependant appln form.
There is no provision for child born in the uk.