ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing times in appyling through VFS Delhi in Mar 2009

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IshaK19

Processing times in appyling through VFS Delhi in Mar 2009

Post by IshaK19 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:16 pm

Dear All,

I am keen to apply for Tier 1 in march 09. I am currently working in london on dependent work permit and want to change to tier1. I have been told I can do this only by coming to India and applying my papers at VFS delhi.

As I will have to take leaves from my employer, Can you please guide me what is the processing time for an application which is for change in Visa from Dependent work permit to Tier 1.

The embassy has told me maximum of 15 working days but do they really process the application within 15 working days. Please advise.

Thanks

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:10 pm

I have the same scenario. I am a dependent upon a work permit holder and I applied for tier 1 on 12th january from VFS chandigarh and the status as on 28th january is still forwarded to BHC.

Initially I was told that the whole process should take 2 weeks.

Would any senior member recommend phoning the BHC to facilitate the process?

ireallywish09

Timeline in Delhi VFS

Post by ireallywish09 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:10 pm

HI,

I suggest you guys to tread with caution as currently the Delhi BHC is fighting a heavy backlog. Most of the normal TIER1 applications are being processed in 50-60 days. Its difficult to say what might be the trend in March.
My own TIER 1 application today is 50 days old. Still pending.

IshaK19

Re: Timeline in Delhi VFS

Post by IshaK19 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi,

Thanks for replying. This is quite scary as I wont get a leave of more than 3 weeks at all. I did check with embassy, they confirmed that they take maximum 15 working days to process the application. Did you apply in VFS delhi and checked whats taking so much of time.

Thanks,
ireallywish09 wrote:HI,

I suggest you guys to tread with caution as currently the Delhi BHC is fighting a heavy backlog. Most of the normal TIER1 applications are being processed in 50-60 days. Its difficult to say what might be the trend in March.
My own TIER 1 application today is 50 days old. Still pending.

sunny_hsmp001

Post by sunny_hsmp001 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:16 am

i would say Wait till march and check out the turn around time at BHC delhi and then apply.

BHC delhi used to be fastest in India till Sep and then suddenly they have got this backlog,i dunno how.

Now they are taking 2 months at least for 99% of the cases.

harryy

Post by harryy » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:44 am

Hi Guys,

I applied my Tier1 on 27/01/2009 form VFS New Delhi and got Visa stamped on 30/01/2009.

Thanks to all.

Regards.

IshaK19

Post by IshaK19 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:56 am

harryy wrote:Hi Guys,

I applied my Tier1 on 27/01/2009 form VFS New Delhi and got Visa stamped on 30/01/2009.

Thanks to all.

Regards.
Dear Harryy,

Thanks for your reply. Congratulations. 3 days is very prompt and gives me some confidence to apply in March. Did you apply for some dependents as well.

I just have 1 query, in case the embassy is taking more time to process your visa, is there some way you can contact them for speedy processing as I am already employed in UK on dependent work permit and wont get more than 2 weeks holidays from my employer.

Thanks,
Isha

ireallywish09

Speedy process

Post by ireallywish09 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:07 am

I called BHC in Delhi last week and aksed them if there is any process in place through which i can speed up the process for my application and pay something extra for that. But they said that there is no such process in place. Kindly let me know if you get different information from anywhere..

IshaK19

Re: Speedy process

Post by IshaK19 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:00 pm

ireallywish09 wrote:I called BHC in Delhi last week and aksed them if there is any process in place through which i can speed up the process for my application and pay something extra for that. But they said that there is no such process in place. Kindly let me know if you get different information from anywhere..
Thanks I will also call them and ask them. If I get to know anything. I will let you know